🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: safe number of proposals
Page options
minam516
Community Member

safe number of proposals

Hi! I need to ask that if a freelancer is earning then how many proposals is it safe for him to submit per month? I have heard that if you submit too many proposals, your account gets suspended. 

7 REPLIES 7
donchyme
Community Member

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "too many proposals". As far as I know, you can submit as many proposals as you have connects for. The number of connects you have determines how many proposals you can submit in a month. That and of course how many jobs you have on-going.

If are submitting proposals, it presupposes that you do not have enough jobs to fill your time. Once you do not have enough jobs and have connects, nothing stops you from submitting proposals.

@Chimerenka O wrote:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "too many proposals". As far as I know, you can submit as many proposals as you have connects for. The number of connects you have determines how many proposals you can submit in a month. That and of course how many jobs you have on-going.

If are submitting proposals, it presupposes that you do not have enough jobs to fill your time. Once you do not have enough jobs and have connects, nothing stops you from submitting proposals.

There are instances where freelancers have been suspended for sending "too many" proposals. This happens when proposals are sent, but no jobs are assigned, and upwork believes that the freelancer solicits work outside of the platform. How they determine that, I don't know. 

Is the Freelancer suspended or the contract? I have had contracts put on hold for reasons I do not know but I have never heard of a Freelancer being suspended for posting too many proposals.

What exactly happens when the freelancer is suspended if indeed they are suspended? Do they lose access to the platform or what? I am interested in understanding this.

Thanks

a friend of mine got her account suspended because she was submitting too many proposals but was not landing any jobs. She lost access to upwork and her account was not reinstated because upwork told her that clients might not need her skills. She was a newbie by the way. Never landed any jobs. But I have also read on Quora that many freelancers who had rating also complained of this issue. 

Hi Hafsah,

In general, we suspend an account when a freelancer repeatedly applies to many jobs but fails to collect earnings or only earns a small amount. We do not like taking this step, but we must do so in the interest of the rest of the Upwork community. Generally many freelancers find success on Upwork when they submit fewer proposals only to jobs they are absolutely sure they can excel at and write outstanding proposals when they do. I hope that helps you, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks for your clarification.

Interesting. Thanks for your reply. It appears a moderator has confirmed and explained this in the thread.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths