» Forums » New to Upwork » scam
Page options
azergank
Community Member

scam

Hey ,

This guys and this proposal is a scam

**edited for Community Guidelines**

he ask for site **edited for Community Guidelines** and deposit money when the right site is **edited for Community Guidelines**

I ask there it say me   **edited for Community Guidelines** is a scam

If you can maybe contact people he has already hire before they doing deposit , they will be fine

In my case it seems strange doing qa on a production env and where it need to deposit money...

**edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you, Nguyen!

I went ahead and forwarded it to the team for their review and action.

ETA: Nguyen, I'm just coming back here to note that users are not allowed to offer and accept payment outside of Upwork. It is also against the Terms of Service to ask freelancers to pay for work. It would be best if you read up on the "Safety First!" section of the freelancer resources we have compiled, these tips for avoiding questionable jobs, and this article for more information about working safely through Upwork. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
pgiambalvo
Community Member

Yes, it would be nice of them to reach out to the people who have applied and warn them before they are scammed.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you, Nguyen!

I went ahead and forwarded it to the team for their review and action.

ETA: Nguyen, I'm just coming back here to note that users are not allowed to offer and accept payment outside of Upwork. It is also against the Terms of Service to ask freelancers to pay for work. It would be best if you read up on the "Safety First!" section of the freelancer resources we have compiled, these tips for avoiding questionable jobs, and this article for more information about working safely through Upwork. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths