🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » scam
Page options
936f2b86
Community Member

scam

All, I made the mistake of participating in my first interview for an Upwork job via skype. The interviewer wanted me to sign and send back an employment letter after I was "awarded" the job and was told the company would send me a check to purchase the equipment. I've reported the post and blocked the interviewer on Skype and deleted the email.

I'd like to know if I need to take further action to protect my information/identity since I gave the "interviewer" my name, email address, street address, and phone number via skype. We also exchanged attachments (a questionnaire from them and my answers to said questionnaire) via skype. I'm concerned that the attachment contained malware etc.

Please help!

Lesson learned to read the TOS before I move forward with more proposals. 

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: “I'd like to know if I need to take further action to protect my information/identity since I gave the "interviewer" my name, email address, street address, and phone number via skype. We also exchanged attachments (a questionnaire from them and my answers to said questionnaire) via skype. I'm concerned that the attachment contained malware etc.”

I don’t think you need to do anything else. This scam is about getting you to send them money. You aren’t going to do that, so they’re done with you.

Thanks Preston. How would I go about getting my connects back? 

Joseph M wrote:

Thanks Preston. How would I go about getting my connects back? 

That will happen automatically when upwork takes the posting down. 

You have read and understood the ToS now, and are aware what went wrong?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths