🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » scammed or not
Page options
466bf413
Community Member

scammed or not

Have a client who sent an email address to me so that I can contact him for a work sample. His samples are a lot that seems to be the actual work on a google sheet. His account payment method is unverified. is this legit?

2 REPLIES 2
aliharvey
Community Member

Have you already started a contract with them? If not, it is against upwork policy to connect with them outside of upwork. 

It is also against upwork policy to provide "free samples" as it is a common way that clients will try to get free work. Always charge for your samples. If the client insists you do them for free, report them.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Banju,

Thank you for flagging this for us. I’ve escalated this report to the correct team for their review and the project has already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS and action has been taken on the client account. 

Please check this help article for crucial information that will help you have a safe and successful journey on Upwork. If you see a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service, we encourage you to use the Report Suspicious User Activity feature.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths