🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » scammer or what pls?
Page options
james_evolution
Community Member

scammer or what pls?

Hi, 

Sorry I'm novice here and I would like to help! One guy contact me about create account here and provide him access, literally write me this:

if you are going to negotiate with me.

first you need to create an upwork account.

and you are verified on upwork.

second, you need to have a computer i can use remotely so that i can access upwork via your account.

Third, you have to turn on this computer almost all day.

and he will work all day and pay for his work also for me? What is it pls? It's a scammer? He told my that his account was blocked.

Thx for answer, James

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi James,

Check out this Post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs and if you have any additional question let me know. Regarding the person that contacted you, feel free to send me the details via PM or reach out to our Customer support directly and our team will investigate it further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
prachi163
Community Member

Yes, it's a scam.

I've flagged your post so that a mod can help you report this.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Jakub H wrote:

Hi, 

Sorry I'm novice here and I would like to help! One guy contact me about create account here and provide him access, literally write me this:

if you are going to negotiate with me.

first you need to create an upwork account.

and you are verified on upwork.

second, you need to have a computer i can use remotely so that i can access upwork via your account.

Third, you have to turn on this computer almost all day.

and he will work all day and pay for his work also for me? What is it pls? It's a scammer? He told my that his account was blocked.

Thx for answer, James

Familiarize yourself with the Terms of Service and how to use your account. 

Of course it's a scammer, what about the whole thing sounds legit to you?

of course it seems to be very suspectived 🙂 And yes, I suppose it's a scammer. I just would like to know, what he will do further

Jakub H wrote:

of course it seems to be very suspectived 🙂 And yes, I suppose it's a scammer. I just would like to know, what he will do further

If a freelancer falls for it, he will use the account to scam clients out of money, and steal your identity and bank details, and scam you out of money or use your identity to do that. 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi James,

Check out this Post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs and if you have any additional question let me know. Regarding the person that contacted you, feel free to send me the details via PM or reach out to our Customer support directly and our team will investigate it further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran V,

first of all, I'd like to thank you for your response and I've got question, if it's possible be in more close contact with you? Like for example skype or whatsapp, thank you for your answer.

Have a great day and take a care.

James 

Hi James,

Unfortunately no, whenever you have any questions or help is needed feel free to open a thread if the questions haven't been addressed in our Community or reach out to us (Moderators) via PM. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths