🐈 Community
denamiss

set up contract

Hi,

How can I have the client set up a contract before I release any work to them?  This is my first job and I don't have them under the "work" category so it doesn't seem that they have set up a contract.  What do I need to tell them to do?

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
csjarmitage

It's very simple.  He can go to your profile and click the huge green button that says "Hire".  

In the future, don't begin work without an active contract.  You really put yourself at risk that way.  There's no payment protection in place and Upwork cannot advocate for you in case of a problem.

If he doesn't officially hire you, definitely do not give him your work.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
csjarmitage

It's very simple.  He can go to your profile and click the huge green button that says "Hire".  

In the future, don't begin work without an active contract.  You really put yourself at risk that way.  There's no payment protection in place and Upwork cannot advocate for you in case of a problem.

If he doesn't officially hire you, definitely do not give him your work.

mtngigi

Are you working as an admin assistant? If so, have you been tracking your time? Or is this flat rate work?

denamiss

Thank you, ladies.  I didn't know what it looked like on his end so I didn't know what to tell him to do.  I'll let him know that he needs to do that.  I haven't done much work for him and it's a flat-rate thing so when I saw it wasn't in the MY JOBS section I wanted to get it taken care of before I proceeded.  Thanks so much.

Dena,

In the future, do not start any work until you are officially hired through Upwork, your client's payment method has been verified, and milestone(s) set up and funded.

There is plenty of information on this site about how to work safely. I would suggest you study up on everything before you bid on any more jobs.

Learning Paths