🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » simple questions
Page options
ladysamw
Community Member

simple questions

I am new to the site.

I found a job I wanted to send a proposal to. It was for an article on a content site. Then, I realized it doesn't tell me who the put the job up, who the editor is, or where the item would be published. Sadly, it seems a lot of the jobs listed are like that. Why? I had a question for the person who published the ad, only to find I can't contact them at all.

Secondly, it says that if we do make money, in order to withdraw money we need a W9 form. Where do I get one? I am not familiar with how this works. 

Thank you in advance.
~Sam

1 REPLY 1
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Samantha,

Welcome to Upwork! I know getting started can be a bit overwhelming, but we're here to support you.

Information about the client is not provided prior to them inviting you for an interview unless they choose to put that information into their job posting. Unfortunately, you will encounter job descriptions that are not descriptive enough. It's also not possible to send a client a message until after you send a proposal and they respond to it. This is to avoid clients from being spammed by freelancers. Ultimately you have to use your best discretion to decide if a project is worth applying to. If you don't feel you have all the needed information, it may be best to pass.

I hope this is helpful. Please let us know if you have other questions.

Cheers,
Mike
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths