cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

somthing wrong happend with me in skills tests

Highlighted
Ahmed S Member Since: Mar 7, 2017
1 of 10

I knocked out in tow skills tests  !!!..
 (HTML5-wordpress) , i was still having time and Questions didn't answers,

in (html5) exam i just answered  32 Questions form 45 Questions then knocked out of exam time was 39 minutes from 45 minutes allowed

same case in (wordpress test) i done 36 questions from 45 and the time was  26 minutes from 45 minutes allowed then kicked out of exam ! (the test time informations offenese in my profile , hope u can explain why it's happend with me ,

i attchmented screen shots from my profile to proof my status

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 10

Hi Ahmed,

Some of the skill tests use an adaptive model and are able to calculate the results after a certain amount of questions answered by the freelancer.

~ Valeria
Untitled
3 of 10

u didn't get the point in html test for example i answered  32 questions and get overall assessment 2,0 form 5 point

if they let me resume my test (i was still had 13 questions and 6 minutes allowed) to Improve my scores up more than 2,0 that was apparent and clear

4 of 10

Ahmed,

The test is working as designed. It uses adaptive testing which is a form of computer-based testing that adapts to the examinee's ability level. What this means is, when taking a test if a user answers a question correctly they may receive a more challenging question, while an incorrect answer generates an easier question. By adapting to the user as the assessment is taking place, these assessments present an individually tailored set of questions and can quickly identify which skills the user has mastered or what level they are at.  The test stops when it assesses that the user would not score better than the level they are at.

~ Valeria
Untitled
5 of 10

hi
Thanks for Your interest,

actually it does not make anysense in my situation,
like i said (in Html5 exam FOR EXAMPLE I answered only ~32 questions then kicked and got overall assessment 2,0 form 5 point) i want to say if i got 2.0 points On ~32 questions only that's means The proportion of My correct answers was Good That make sense !!!,
 , and whatever is the  (adaptive) mean it shouldn't work in my situation
is I'm right ?!
and i didn't see any words about (adaptive) in skills tests rules section Page
,hope u can help me how i should  to Re-examination my two skills tests
 This is unfair to pause my career on upwork for 3 months
because this Incomprehensible (adaptive)

6 of 10

Ahmed,

We won't be able to reset the test as it's working as designed. You can re-take it once it's available for you again. 

Please, refrain from posting duplicate messages in the Community.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Untitled
7 of 10

I'm sorry about my posting duplicate messages ,

are you  read my last replay is i'm right about  that (adaptive) shouldn't work in my situation?

or you just did this replay post because u didn't have something to say or answering my direct question

your replay was realy unuseful and disappointed

8 of 10

I knocked out in two skills tests !!!

(HTML5-wordpress) , i was still having time and Questions didn't answered,

in (html5) exam i just answered  32 Questions form 45 Questions then knocked out of exam time was 39 minutes from 45 minutes allowed

same case in (wordpress test) i done 36 questions from 45 and the time was  26 minutes from 45 minutes allowed then kicked out of exam ! (the test time informations apparent in my profile ,

hope u can explain why it's happend with me ,

i attchmented screenshots from my profile to proof my status

Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
9 of 10

Valeria already answered you here https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/somthing-wrong-happend-with-me-in-skills-tests/td-p/31...

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
10 of 10

thanks

Katrina,

like i replay in Valeria
actually it does not make anysense in my situation,
like i said (in Html5 exam FOR EXAMPLE I answered only ~32 questions then kicked and got overall assessment 2,0 form 5 point) i want to say if i got 2.0 points On ~32 questions only that's means The proportion of My correct answers was Good That make sense !!!,
 , and whatever is the  (adaptive) mean it shouldn't work in my situation
is I'm right ?!
and i didn't see any words about (adaptive) in skills tests rules section Page
,hope u can help me how i should  to Re-examination my two skills tests
 This is unfair to pause my career on upwork for 3 months
because this Incomprehensible (adaptive)

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS