cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

submited my work but got no answer

Oussama A Member Since: Apr 12, 2017
1 of 11

I worked for a fixed price and I submited the work to the client but i got no answer from him tell now

whats gonna happen if he don't answer me in the next days ?

thank you

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
2 of 11

@Oussama A wrote:

I worked for a fixed price and I submited the work to the client but i got no answer from him tell now

thank you

If the milestone was funded and you used the "submit work/request payment" button, you don't need to do anything. The client has 14 days to review your work and request revisions if necessary. If the client doesn't either request revisions or approve the milestone in that time, Upwork will automatically release the funds to you when the 14 days passes.

Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015
3 of 11

The  way I understand it (anyone can correct me if I am wrong), there is an option for freelancers who are in a similar situation as yours to end the contract with an unresponsive client.  This action will forfeit the remaining funds deposited by the client in Escrow.  If the client fails to respond to the "last milestone" (as what seems to be happening wit you at this time) then your funds will become automatically released to you after 14 days.

Community Guru
Samantha S Member Since: Jun 23, 2016
4 of 11

@Juvy Ann P wrote:

The  way I understand it (anyone can correct me if I am wrong), there is an option for freelancers who are in a similar situation as yours to end the contract with an unresponsive client.  This action will forfeit the remaining funds deposited by the client in Escrow.  If the client fails to respond to the "last milestone" (as what seems to be happening wit you at this time) then your funds will become automatically released to you after 14 days.

I don't think this is exactly correct. There is no need to end the contract at this point. If the freelancer uses the "submit work and request payment" option, then Upwork will release the funds after 14 days if the client does not respond. I always use that button and a couple of times it went to the 14 days. Whether the freelancer chooses to end the contract is a different matter. I personally would wait until after I receive payment. Then I would choose the option about work successfully completed. I have never used the "client unresponsive" option.

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
5 of 11

Juvy Ann, why would he want to forfeit his payment?

Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
6 of 11

@Juvy Ann P wrote:

If the OP ends the contract everything in escrow will go back to the client. I don't think that is the result/outcome of what the OP is looking for.

Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
7 of 11

@Juvy Ann P wrote:

Or he could go all in and just cancel his account?

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
8 of 11

re: "I worked for a fixed price and I submited the work to the client but i got no answer from him tell now"

Clients are not obligated to respond or answer when you submit work.

When I submit work, I always get paid, whether or not the client replies.

Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
9 of 11

@Oussama A wrote:

thank you

It all depends on whether or not the client funded escrow.  Assuming he/she did, then what youi need to do is to submit your work by clicking on the Submit Work/Request payment button. And after you do that, then just wait. If the client doesn't dispute that, you'll get your payment (whatever is in escrow) at the end of 14 days. Although you would like to be paid sooner, (usually when you send in your work) at times, if the client is unresponse, you just have to wait.

Venkateswara Rao B Member Since: Apr 14, 2017
10 of 11

I am in same situation now with my very recent contract, I submitted the work on both chat window and using submit option on the contract.  Client also confirmed it worked for him but after that he logged off and didn't log in till now. He is a new client on upwork, just posted and hired me when I applied it. I gave him the solution within 5 minutes. I will now wait for the 14 days term as per upwork policy as it is funded.

Thanks

Venkat

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS