🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » suffering to be Hired for the first time
Page options
younus-foysal
Community Member

suffering to be Hired for the first time

I am suffering to be Hired for the first time, I have completed my profile. I also submitted many proposals but did not get a reply from any client. 

How many proposals should I submit in a day or week to get a job?

Suggest to me If I have to do any changes to my profile.

Thanks in advance,

Younus

6 REPLIES 6
7f9b79df
Community Member

First off, this question has been asked and ansered a 1000x's before. As your title is a "full stack web developer", have you used your web skills to search these forums?

If I were looking to hire you, this sentence in your profile would be a giant red flag and I'd move on:

expert since 2017 and completed over 742 web projects of 572 clients at various marketplaces

That's around 150 projects per year for the last 5 years. And over over 100+ different clients per year over the same time span. These numbers do not even come close to passing the litumus test.

I would recommend you go through this forum and review what's been said many times over. Then I would spend some time and write up a profile with numbers that accurately reflect what you've accomplished. Better yet, include what you've been able to accomplish; numbers are meaningless without any real context.

Thank you, Kindler C, for the suggestion. It was a mistake and I have changed it to the real number. 
Is there anything I should change? I would like to hear more suggestions from you.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey Md, please shorten your Summary in half and create a professional cover letter.  Thanks!

Hello William, thank you for your Suggestion.

I am working on it, I am trying to write a smaller cover letter with the required information.

fbb367e0
Community Member

You can add some of your best works in to the upwork portfolio. Then try to add your previous works as an attachements with  your proposals with a great cover letter.Best of luck. You will gain it soon.

Hello Reshmi, thanks for your suggestion.

1. I have added around 10 portfolios. Should I add more? If yes, How many?

2. Yeah, I will give my best in my client project. I have a question, Should my proposals be long or short? 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths