🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » suspicious company
Page options
denisedonaldson
Community Member

suspicious company

Hello, everyone!

I've just completed an online interview with a company.  They sent an overview of the company, and it reads as if it was written by someone who doesn't speak English as a first language.  There's something really off about it.  Also, the interview was supposedly conducted by a person, but it looks as if it was computer generated, and there are some nonsense phrases.  Among the questions asked was, "Do you own a credit card?" which I refused to answer.  Now, I've been hired, they say, and the pay is double the amount I requested. 

Has anyone else encountered this situation, and if so, should I say good-bye to them NOW?

Thank you!

Denise

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for flagging this to us, Denise. 

I've checked your report and the job you flagged has already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork ToS and action has been taken on the client account. 

Please check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you!  I'd seen that one job had been taken down, but this one was still part of my queue.  When I saw that they've had 241 hires from UpWork and are a legitimate payer, I was confused.

Deni

Just to follow up, are we sure we're talking about the same company, same job posting?

Hi Denise,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your report. I'd like to check that and escalate accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths