🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » the First Job :when and how?
Page options
3f96556c
Community Member

the First Job :when and how?

How are you Upworker?
I am new to upwork for about two weeks. Real, I am proud that I became a member of a team I passed the rising talent tests and got my badge on my profile I updated my membership to a premium membership. I reviewed my profile more than once and updated my profile
The skills that I am experienced in are
* Data Entry * Google driv \ doc * MS office (excel / access database) * web searching and data minig I posted more than 40 proposals, but unfortunately, I didn't have a single job.
Is it because I'm new? Is it because the experiences in my profile are not convincing customer? Is it because customers don't trust new members? So how do I, as a new member, get a job and when? My experienced colleagues here, please check my profile and tell me what mistakes are there and how to make my profile attract the customer.
and how the new uporkers can get their first chance? Thank you for your interest

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
robin_hyman
Community Member

Remove the "Hello how are you" and your name from your profile.  A client sees only the first two sentences when conducting a search so make sure they stand out.  

You're in a very competitive landscape so you'll need to try even harder to get your first job.  It could take days or months.  Just keep trying.  

Good luck!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
robin_hyman
Community Member

Remove the "Hello how are you" and your name from your profile.  A client sees only the first two sentences when conducting a search so make sure they stand out.  

You're in a very competitive landscape so you'll need to try even harder to get your first job.  It could take days or months.  Just keep trying.  

Good luck!

thanks for advice  

"Hello how are you" and my name had been removed from my profile. 

and I'll try harder and harder to get my first job. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths