🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » the escrow notification problem
Page options
Community Member

the escrow notification problem

hello. 

I've posted a job with escrow. The freelancer submitted an intermediate version and after 2 week period the money was released even though I did't submit the release!!! What has happened? How can this be undone? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

This can't be undone. I suggest you to contact the freelancer and ask him/her to make further revisions and see if he/she agrees to.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
yitwail
Community Member

Vasco, I'm sure the freelancer requested milestone approval 14 days ago and because you did not request any changes, it was automatically approved. This Upwork help center article states,

• You have 14 days from the most recent submission on a milestone to review and approve, or request changes. Approval releases the payment from escrow to your freelancer. You will be notified when your freelancer submits work.
  • If you fail to respond to a submission within 14 days, the escrowed funds are automatically released to your freelancer. Therefore, it is important to use the Request for Changes flow on the platform if you would like your freelancer to edit their submitted work.
  • Requesting changes will remove the review period until the freelancer submits their work on the milestone again.

@Vasco O wrote:

hello. 

I've posted a job with escrow. The freelancer submitted an intermediate version and after 2 week period the money was released even though I did't submit the release!!! What has happened? How can this be undone? 

That is how it is supposed to work. 2 weeks after the freelancer submits the work Escrow is released unless you use the “request changes” function on the contract with specific instructions regarding what chances you are requesting.

This is working as designed and can not be undone.

Community Member

but I checked my email- the warning emails were only on Saturday and Sunday - that is not fare! I'm out of computer these days. How can this be undone? The work is far away from finish. I paid almost 2000 USD for it!

This can't be undone. I suggest you to contact the freelancer and ask him/her to make further revisions and see if he/she agrees to.

3440b683
Community Member

what was the result please let me know

this post is from 2017.

just in case you are not aware, getting badges on the community forum has no impact on a freelancer's profile.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths