🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: timer issue
Page options
liaqat-381
Community Member

timer issue

i am facing this problem what should i do?
Work Diary not found. Are you sure you've selected the right company? Please check the company label in the upper left.

By default, freelancers do not have access to their team members' Work Diaries. Please speak to your client if you need access.
3 REPLIES 3
cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Liaqat,

I just checked your account and I can see that you haven't logged any time in your work diary. This is the reason why this error message is showing up. Please try to log time using the time tracker and kindly let us know if the problem still persists. Thank you!

Untitled
petra_r
Community Member

@Ryan C wrote:

Hello Liaqat,

I just checked your account and I can see that you haven't logged any time in your work diary. This is the reason why this error message is showing up. Please try to log time using the time tracker and kindly let us know if the problem still persists. Thank you!

So all his hours logged themselves?

That message usually appears when someone tries to access the work diary from a client account, and sometimes it just appears, but goes away after logging out and logging back in again.

"Not having logged hours" certainly does NOT stop anyone from accessing the work diary, or it would be impossible to log manual time, wouldn't it?

The other time when a work diary is not accessible is when a contract has already been closed. Work diaries for closed contracts can not longer be seen by the freelancer, only by the client.

But this does also not cause the above error.

Liaqat, log out and log back in, that usually works (provided you have an active contract.)

cylver1z
Community Member

Hi Petra and Liaqat,

I apologize for the confusion. We looked into this issue further and it appears that the Work Diary wasn’t accessible because the contract hadn’t started yet. It’s already been addressed via a ticket.

Untitled
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths