cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

token/connect

Maria Charisma L Member Since: Dec 3, 2016
1 of 4

I'm new here and just wondering if upwork  has plan of returning the token /connect if  let say the clients  did not hire anyone  after almost two weeks  can we still get our token back? Smiley Happy

Or what if the client is looking for just 1 to hire and you've seen that they already hired 1  and your proposal is just sitting there for almost 2 weeks, though the client did not decline my proposal is there a way to get the token back.

Thomas S Member Since: Dec 19, 2016
2 of 4

Unfortunately, no, in any of those cases. Utilizing your connects is essentially giving you access to be able to propose, it's not really tied to the acquisition of a job. I've submitted over 40+ proposals in less than a month, the majority of which never replied or even declined. Those connects are gone for good. 

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 4

Maria:

After you apply to a job, you do not get your connects back...

...unless the job is removed by Upwork because it was fraudulent or otherwise violates Upwork ToS, or if the client officially closes the job without ever hiring anybody.

Then you will automatically get connects back.

But you do not get connects back simply because a client does not decide to hire you.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 4

Hi Maria Charisma,

Connects are returned if the job was closed by the client or Upwork team without hiring. There are no plans currently to change the connects system the way it is now.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS