🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » upwork job
Page options
renyarum
Community Member

upwork job

Hello everyone ,

Im new to upwork (about 2 months) i got hired twice by the same person last week ,ive been working as a designer for over 12 years , i submit 30 proposal i use all my connects , i write a good proposal (i dont copy it) the problem is i lost most of my previous work in an accident ( a virus ) i cant get it back , when someone asks whether i have a portfolio or not i explain but it looks like no one understands , all clients wants someone with a good portfolio , i lost mine , i ask them to give me a chance to prove them my capability but no one gives me any chance , what can i do.

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
j_mundati
Community Member

Hi Akram,

I would suggest you just create new designs. What kind of designs do your customers need from you?

You answer the a I've question and you create that exact kind of design, or a few, then you can show those to your new clients.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
j_mundati
Community Member

Hi Akram,

I would suggest you just create new designs. What kind of designs do your customers need from you?

You answer the a I've question and you create that exact kind of design, or a few, then you can show those to your new clients.

Yes thats a good idea , for example i create logos , business cards , website templates etc... and i put the on my portfolio , Thanks a lot for the answer ^^

Just curious, you posted this today that you had no portfolio items. Now you have two pages worth, are they yours that you personally designed within a few hours?

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"

its mine , i didnt design it today , its all i have left from my previous work (luckily the current images on my portfolio were saved on my dropbox) but its not very professional & its old thats why im not satisfied with it , most of it was just made for friends

jojomo
Community Member

Akram,

If you've been a professional designer for 12+ years you should have a website displaying your pieces (hosted on an external server in case something like this happens). Also as a professional, you should know to back up your work... clients don't want to hear excuses such as a virus destroyed everything. They'll just move on to someone who has pieces to show and/or relevant feedback.

renyarum
Community Member

Yes youre totally right , thanks for the answer. From now on ill start saving all my work somewhere

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths