🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » very bad feedback on my first job on upwork
Page options
mostafaabd_
Community Member

very bad feedback on my first job on upwork

hello guys ,

i have been on upwork for nearly a month now and i have landed my first job it was an easy one but the client asked me for a lot more work than written in the job description and it appears in the messages , i finished the job in the same day and submitted the work , but the client didn't want to accept the payment until i do what he wants , and after 5 days with no response she accepted the payment and gave me a very bad feedback and a rating of 1 star for my first job on upwork , i tried to reach her to ask her to change it but she doen't respond , i have written a response to her feedback but it wasn't a good respnse in my opinion , as i didn't know that it would be public on my profile , i tried to contact the customer support but couldn't reach them and i have seen some posts on community saying that a full refund will remove the feedback and the response from my profile , i have made a full refund it was 5$ for the whole job , but it still appears on my profile after 4 days from the refund , now will this affect my future work on upwork as it is a bad feedback on my very first job , and will other clients not hire me because of this , and will this affect me on upwork if i want to be a rising talent or a top rated freelancer ?

1 REPLY 1
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mostafa,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with your first contract. I checked your profile and this job/feedback is not showing on your profile. Refunding the funds will only remove the public feedback. The private feedback will still be included in your JSS calculation once you receive it. Going forward you can focus on delivering great work for your future clients, ensuring receiving great feedback. I would recommend that you check out these topics to help you boost your career on Upwork: 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths