🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » visibility of other freelancer rates for the ...
Page options
psonnesyn
Community Member

visibility of other freelancer rates for the same work

How does a freelancer see what other freelancers doing similar work charge for this same work?

7 REPLIES 7
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Patricia S wrote:

How does a freelancer see what other freelancers doing similar work charge for this same work?

The hourly rate on their profile, beyond that it's impossible to tell. 

How do I see another Freelancer's hourly rate?  I do not have visibility of my competition ....???  

Am I missing something?  I am fairly new to UpWork.  Please advise.  Thank you. Trisha S.

Hi Patricia,

As Martina said, you can always search for other freelancers in the same category as you and check out their hourly rates. If you upgrade to a Freelancer Plus plan, you can see average competitor bids on the job postings. Feel free to check out this help article for more information on the Freelancer Plus membership.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Patricia S wrote:

How do I see another Freelancer's hourly rate?  I do not have visibility of my competition ....???  

Am I missing something?  I am fairly new to UpWork.  Please advise.  Thank you. Trisha S.

Go to your job feed, and instead of jobs select freelancers in the drop-down menu and then click the magnifying glass on the right, then select the desired skills, location, etc. on the left. 

This directions you sent me do not help me: "Go to your job feed, and
instead of jobs select freelancers in the drop-down menu and then click the
magnifying glass on the right, then select the desired skills, location,
etc. on the left"

I have a Freelancer account not a Client Account. I do not have a
drop-down menu with a "freelancer" option. ????? Please advise.

Thank you, Trisha S

Just to the left of the "Find Work" menu is a search box labeled "Find Jobs". You can drop down that search box to select "Freelancers and Agencies".

From there you can search for other freelancers as described.

image.png

Patricia S wrote:
This directions you sent me do not help me: "Go to your job feed, and
instead of jobs select freelancers in the drop-down menu and then click the
magnifying glass on the right, then select the desired skills, location,
etc. on the left"

I have a Freelancer account not a Client Account. I do not have a
drop-down menu with a "freelancer" option. ????? Please advise.

Thank you, Trisha S

Just as an FYI: An hourly rate is required on all profiles, but many freelancers only work flat rate jobs, not hourly, so that number doesn't tell the whole story. And sometimes freelancers agree to jobs that pay less than (or more) what is on their profiles. Not saying you can't get an idea of things, but what you see on profiles is not the whole story.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths