🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » what happens after an approved proposal
Page options
Community Member

what happens after an approved proposal

Hello there,

I'm new here. I want to understand that is happening after my first proposal in aproved? which are the steps upwork has? Do I have to discuss all the jod details, workflow, dedlines before we sign a contract (talking about fixed price jobs here)? Do the client pays before the contact? Where all these info gathered? I want to be sure, to feel that I understand the platform 100% I will not get scammed. 

Thanks all

P.S I have read a lot and the Top Red Flags post but still confused and not sure if I lost anything. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
NikolaS

Hi Mari, 

Welcome to Upwork! I would be happy to help. If your proposal is accepted you will receive a message from your client and a message room will be created where you can continue negotiating with the client. If the client decides to hire you, they will be able to send you an offer as well. You may want to check this video to help you get started with freelancing on Upwork

Additionally, feel free to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.
~ Nikola
Upwork
kkears
Community Member

Hey Mari - Yes, discuss all the job details & deadlines before signing a contract (but don't start doing any work or tasks to get the ball rolling until after it officially starts). You should make sure that the client funds the milestone/project before you start any work. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths