Community Member

what is the use of kudos

what is the use of kudos

9 REPLIES 9
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Dalia G wrote:

what is the use of kudos

You can show your appreciation for a post or a reply. 

Beyond that - none. 

It’s especially nice and polite to kudo anyone who gives you a useful reply. 😉

Dalia G wrote:

what is the use of kudos

But I'm a bit puzzled myself - just recently I noticed people answering each and every post with generic or useless replies, followed by their little fan-club kudoing every single one of them ... I guess they know something about kudos that I don't... 😉

Some alcoholic australian incel has an obsession over me and Preston all over kudos, so apparently they are srs bzness.

You know at least one person has read what you said.

If you're referred to in the post, it's a quick way of indicating you're paying attention without you having to go to the trouble of writing a response.

If a post has a lot of kudos it suggests that a lot of people regard it as important. 

It's an easy way to mark a post you might want to refer to later.

Some people are addicted to pressing buttons and it answers that need.

It gives the impression of the forum being an interactive rather than passive experience, even for those who choose not to post.

It's an uncountable noun that doesn't have a singular so bored editors can pontificate on how you can have much but not many kudos - or perhaps you can because here it means kudos point, and anyway people create false singulars from uncountable nouns all the time.  Sometimes the chat really does get boring enough to make such a conversation an option.

Very funny, Kim F.

I was entertained by that last paragraph, so I gave you a Kudos. Some Kudos. A Kudo. Well, I'm not really even sure how many I gave you. Or how much...

Wait... what?

How else would Pink Jennifer know that I am stalking her?

ahem "Pin head girl"

mtngigi
Community Member

It's useful as a substitute for when I don't have any bubble wrap to pop.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths