🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » what is this?
Page options
a2ec979a
Community Member

what is this?

I just want to hire a VA.  where can I find that?  this is killing me

4 REPLIES 4
JoanneP

Hi Michael,

I checked your account, and it looks like you created a freelancer account. To hire freelancers, you will need to have a client account. You can be a freelancer, agency, and a client on Upwork. You will use the same account to log in to Upwork but will have separate user profiles. You will be able to easily switch between them as needed. To create a client account, please follow the steps below:

1. Go to Settings  My Teams and choose the Create New Account button at the bottom.
  2. Choose New Client Account
  3. Once set up, use the account menu at the top-right of your screen to switch between using Upwork as a client, freelancer, or agency

If you need further assistance, please let us know. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
a2ec979a
Community Member

I am so confused. why can't I just hire someone.  this is really hard and I feel like an idiot. I'm simply looking to hire an assistant and was referred to this website.  I didn't think it would be this hard. Is there anyone I can speak with about this issue?

MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael,

I'm sorry you're having trouble creating a client account. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. 

Cheers,
Mike
a2ec979a
Community Member

I was halfway through filling it out and it started the account for me under a name I don't want 

why?

now how can I cancel this?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths