🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » what limit of spent when client not respond?
Page options
malechkovych_ros
Community Member

what limit of spent when client not respond?

hi what limit of spent when client not respond? I have 600 dollars project I spent 95$ (30$ per hour) after client not online. So I can spend all my 600 dollars? is he pay it for upwork already? I get my money after 20 days? 

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

@Ros M wrote:

hi what limit of spent when client not respond? I have 600 dollars project I spent 95$ (30$ per hour) after client not online. So I can spend all my 600 dollars? is he pay it for upwork already? I get my money after 20 days? 

If you were given something to do and haven't finished the task you were given then you should do what you and the client agreed. Use the Upwork tracker with proper memos and reasonable activity levels just in case there is an issue later. You don't have "a $ 600" contract, you have an hourly contract. That means when you work on the contract you track the time.

Clients are charged on Mondays for hours logged the previous week.

When did the client last respond?

martina_plaschka
Community Member

@Ros M wrote:

You have an hourly contract, so you should track your hours accordingly. Your client will see the random screenshots of your activity to prove that you are working on his project.

How in the world do you assume that you get money when you don't work? I see an ethical issue here. 

Btw, your profile implies that you are working in the US on a tourist visa. Very unwise. Even unwiser than your very unwise question. 

Educate yourself quickly or you could land in a massive heap of trouble. 

prestonhunter
Community Member

Ros, you seem to have mixed up some hourly contract concepts with fixed-price contract concepts.

These are two different contract models, and no good comes from confusing or conflating them.

You need to get these sorted out in your mind so you can work properly.

Ros, your job specifies creating 5 versions of a landing page, so turn on the time tracker while you work on those 5 pages. Once that’s done, notify the client and wait for further instructions.
Learning Paths