🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » what should I do after finishing a fixed-pric...
Page options
wuyujie
Community Member

what should I do after finishing a fixed-price job

This is my first job. We discussed and revised it many times. I asked him several times if there was anything else he needed me to do. He made no new demands. So I thought maybe I'd finally get this job done. But what should I do?

The customer only added a milestone of $5 which I had already submitted. Need I add a new milestone for the rest? Or am I just waiting for him to close the contract?

Because the deadline is approaching, if the deadline is exceeded, is it that I didn't finish the task on time? What if complex changes are proposed when they are very close to the deadline?

I can not find a button to submit the job to make it finished. I only see a button to add a milestone. What should I do?

Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Wu,

You will still need to have one milestone for the agreed budget that will be fully funded on your milestone. To learn more about fixed price contracts, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JoanneP

Hi Wu,

If the job has been completed, you may submit your work for payment. The client has 14 days from the most recent submission on a milestone to review and approve or request changes. Approval releases the payment from escrow to you. If your client doesn't respond to any milestone submission within 14 days, the deposit is automatically released to you. You might want to check the following help article for more information:

Get Paid for Fixed-Price Contracts

Fixed-Price Protection

~ Joanne
Upwork
wuyujie
Community Member

Thanks Joanne Marie P

But the job is by project not by milestone. And there is only a milestone added by my customer for $5.

need I to add a new milestone for the rest?  but it is for project.

I can not find a button to submit my work. There is only a button  "end contract",need I click it ?

or what i can do is just waiting my customer to end the contract?

I am sorry,   I am confused and do not know what to do 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Wu,

Please keep in mind that you can't add any additional milestones. However, you can propose a milestone to your client and they will receive a notification about it. To learn more about this, check out this Help Article.
Once you're paid for the first milestone, the client can add the second one and fund it. 
I would recommend to communicate further with your client about your contracts and whether to set it up as a project, or as multiple milestones. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goran V

Even we  set it up as a projec, We still need to it milestone by milestone?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Wu,

You will still need to have one milestone for the agreed budget that will be fully funded on your milestone. To learn more about fixed price contracts, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths