🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: what should I do to get earnings if I don...
Page options
annazha
Community Member

what should I do to get earnings if I don't need to pay tax in Canada?

I'm studying in Canada now but I'm not Canadians. I saw that if I want to get my earnings, I need to fill out my tax information. But the address on the tax information part is my address in Canada, is that okay if I fill in "the legal name of Business" by the one in my country?  It means the address is not matching to my tax information. Or I need to change my address? I'm confused, please help me, thank you~ 

2 REPLIES 2
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Anna,

In order to be able to withdraw your funds from Upwork, you'll need to complete W-8BEN form provided you aren't located in the U.S. You may want to talk to a legal adviser to make sure that you are legally permitted to work in the country you are currently located in and to figure out what information you are supposed to put into your tax form.

~ Valeria
Upwork
colettelewis
Community Member

@Anna Z wrote:

I'm studying in Canada now but I'm not Canadians. I saw that if I want to get my earnings, I need to fill out my tax information. But the address on the tax information part is my address in Canada, is that okay if I fill in "the legal name of Business" by the one in my country?  It means the address is not matching to my tax information. Or I need to change my address? I'm confused, please help me, thank you~ 

Anna,

Your profile says you are in high school. Unless you are 18 years old, you are not allowed to work on Upwork in any case. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths