🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » why do I get "this page is for clients only" ...
Page options
db44522a
Community Member

why do I get "this page is for clients only" about 2-3 mins after I log in?

I've tried on both Linux and Windows, Chrome, Chromium and Firefox. I log in fine, I start reviewing my proposals (when I can... a lot of them are "no longer available" for some reason, and then they become available again the next time), and then after 2-3 mins the page clears and I get a "this page is for clients only" message. Obviously, I am a client, so the message itself makes no sense.

I've messaged my "talent coordinator" - no answer.

I've emailed in reply to the numerous emails that Upwork sends me - no reply.

So, trying here... what's the solution?

My details: traveling through the Philippines (about to head to Malaysia), dual-boot Linux/Windows laptop, cookies and cache cleared, 4 different browsers.

Bit of a loss, really... I'd like to hire people, but I can't if the site won't let me...

2 REPLIES 2
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marcus, 

What link, or button do you click when this notification shows? Please let me know the steps you took so that I can try to replicate this for you, and investigate it further.

~ Avery
Upwork
db44522a
Community Member

I log in. I try to read a proposal. It comes up "this proposal is no longer available" 4 times out of 5, then when I click "go back to your proposal list" (I can't remember the exact text) the screen blanks and the message about the screen being for clients only comes up.

I think one time I wasn't even doing anything, i.e. I hadn't clicked anything, and the message came up.

If I try and continue through the "clients only" message then the "I am not a robot" captcha appears, and every time I try to complete that it says that the captcha is not available and I should try again.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths