🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » why there is no money charged
Page options
raz_design
Community Member

why there is no money charged

hi there

i had a project started on 2 june but still it is showing i have earned 0$ till now and it was hourly based project.....please guide me ASAP

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Raheel,

Looks like you have not tracked your time with our desktop app and that is the reason why you haven`t earned any funds on this contract. In order for us to charge your client you will need to Log Time with the Upwork Desktop App. Now you have the option to upload manual hours for the time you have worked, If your client has allowed manual time on your contract. Keep in mind that manual time is not protected under our Hourly Protection for Freelancers. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Raheel,

Looks like you have not tracked your time with our desktop app and that is the reason why you haven`t earned any funds on this contract. In order for us to charge your client you will need to Log Time with the Upwork Desktop App. Now you have the option to upload manual hours for the time you have worked, If your client has allowed manual time on your contract. Keep in mind that manual time is not protected under our Hourly Protection for Freelancers. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

hi dear,

Thanks for your prompt reply but i need to know can i continue this work till next week and then daily add time will it count or not??? and my buyer is new to upwork he dont know any thing about it can you please guide me how i ask him to approve manual timing???

Hi Raheel,

Please share this guide Control Manual Time Billing, with your client and he can follow the steps listed there to allow you to list manual time. In the future I would strongly recommend to use our app and track your time worked, this will automatically charge your clients every Monday. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

@Raheel R wrote:

hi dear,

Thanks for your prompt reply but i need to know can i continue this work till next week and then daily add time will it count or not??? and my buyer is new to upwork he dont know any thing about it can you please guide me how i ask him to approve manual timing???

Please download the tracker and start to properly track your time.

Go to the actual contract - you will see whether manual time is enabled or not under the terms tab.

Screenshot_1.jpg

manual time is enabled.....

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths