🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » work not logged in by time tracker
Page options
mbaculo35
Community Member

work not logged in by time tracker

one of my working day (Oct 17, '18) it is just showing that I worked for 20/30mins but in fact, I didn't. I worked for a lot of hours. I even have my convo with my client to back this up. I didn't forget to turn my tracker on during that time but I remember that the tracker prompts me that it is offline but it is still tracking my time. But when I check it just today, it really didn't track any work I did on that day. Can someone please help me with this? It is so frustrating to think that I am working for a lot of hours but I will not get paid because of someone else's mistake...I think it is not fair, don't you think so?

2 REPLIES 2
joanbonjoc
Community Member

Hi Maureen,

Sorry to hear you encountered this issue. You can add a manual time to the contract that you are referring. Manual time is often used for billing for work done offline or that might not be recorded properly. You may want to inform your client as well that you will be adding those lost hours manually. Manual time does not qualify for Hourly Payment Protection.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
petra_r
Community Member

@Maureen B wrote:

one of my working day (Oct 17, '18) it is just showing that I worked for 20/30mins but in fact, I didn't. I worked for a lot of hours. I even have my convo with my client to back this up. I didn't forget to turn my tracker on during that time but I remember that the tracker prompts me that it is offline but it is still tracking my time. But when I check it just today, it really didn't track any work I did on that day. Can someone please help me with this?

On the off-chance: Go and check the work diaries for your other jobs.

I track to the wrong contract quite regularly 😉

Also: Did you do anything with the tracker after you saw the note that it was tracking off-line? If you reinstalled the tracker or something like that would have wipe the cache.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths