🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: would you help me? what should i do? i ha...
Page options
ehsan_kamali
Community Member

would you help me? what should i do? i have a problem

Hi Dear,

My name is Ehsan and i living in Isfahan in Iran, i'm an artist and i like work as a freelancer but i couldn't completed my profile because your website didn't had Iran in country list so, i can't work in your website, would you help me? what should i do if i want do work in your website?

Best Regards,

Ehsan Kamali

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

@Ehsan K wrote:

Hi Dear,

My name is Ehsan and i living in Isfahan in Iran,

Unfortunately Upwork can not accept freelancers from Iran 😞

Why? Because i am Iranian?! only for this reason?!!! So, this means, because i'm Iranian i have to finish my communication with around the world?!
i like work in another country as a freelancer so, please if knowing any website that will be work with Iranian people tell me please, please, please. i need it.

@Ehsan K wrote:

Why? Because i am Iranian?! only for this reason?!!! So, this means, because i'm Iranian i have to finish my communication with around the world?!
i like work in another country as a freelancer so, please if knowing any website that will be work with Iranian people tell me please, please, please. i need it.

Because, very sadly, the US government sanctions prevent it.

It hits people like you who don't deserve to be affected, but if Upwork, as a US corporation, wants to be able to stay in business it has to abide by US laws.

No US company will be able to do business with you due to those sanctions, but there are freelancing platforms which are not US based.

I wish you all the very best of luck and personally I am disgusted that policies affect the innocents while the guilty, more often than not, go free.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths