🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: www.upwork.com redirected you too many ti...
Page options
8a8690c8
Community Member

www.upwork.com redirected you too many times.

I've been getting the error message ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS when I try to login to the main upwork website.
I've tried  clearing my cache, logging in on another device and trying on another browser to no avail. 

screenshot.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Vanya,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Vanya,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran,

I am getting the same error message "www.upwork.com redirected you too many times." once I try to access my profile settings. Can you help me?

Hi Marius,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

~Andrea
Upwork
9ee4057b
Community Member

Andrea,

Thank you for advice, however still cannot access the settings and getting the same error message.

Regards,

Marius

Hi Marius,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

I am having the same issue and cannot login

Hi Anthony,

Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. Also note that we only officially support the latest two versions of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari. Let us know if the issue persists and we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Also having this issue 

I am also getting this although I am using app so cannot clear cache and cookies.

heylouris
Community Member

Hi, I am having the same issue when I try to download a certificate of earnings

Hi Lauris,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
f465858e
Community Member

I am also having the too many redirects issue. The system is also not letting me accept contracts. I've tried using a different browser to no avail.

Hi Christine,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please share a screenshot from your end so that we can look into this further and assist you accordingly? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
charissedv
Community Member

Hi I am trying to download a cert of earnings but am receiving the error:

This page isn’t workingwww.upwork.com redirected you too many times.
Try clearing your cookies.
ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

I've already tried chrome and edge and cleared cookies and cache.

Hi Charisse,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
deepeshrastogi
Community Member

I am also getting "www.upwork.com redirected you too many times." every time I login;  I have tried deleting cookies and other stuff - still cannot login.

Hi Deepesh,

Thank you for your message. Could you please confirm if you have tried using a different browser as well? 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
9d2bab4d
Community Member

Hello

I have the same issue: too many redirect

I tried to clear cookies and in incognito mode.

It worked well 2 days ago

What can I do?

Hi Gregory,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
0c0d4329
Community Member

Hi

I've tried everything below, but cannot log in to the site. How can I solve this issue?

> Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

Hi Hiroshi,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
0583d3f6
Community Member

Hello, I have the same.. I tried everything, coockies, allowing 3rd parties, different browser, but the problem stays. Could you guys help me out?

Thanks, 

Harald

Hi Harald,

Could you please share the following information so that we can forward it to our team to be investigated further?

• Browser/s used
  • Browser version
  • Machine’s OS
  • Machine’s OS version
  • Screengrab of the issue
  • Additional details that may help us/the team investigate your concern better

~ AJ
Upwork
c7e6d3b2
Community Member

It has been a year since I joined Upwork. I sent many proposals but got no response. plz visit my profile and give e feedback. Thank you .

We have got the same problem.

Hi Getabecha,

I am sorry to hear about the error while accessing the website. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
dc336c99
Community Member

It has been a month since I joined Upwork. I sent many proposals but got no response. plz visit my profile and give e feedback. Thank you 

mikmath
Community Member

Hi, I am having the same issue. I cannot log in because of the redirect error. I have cleared cache and cookies, and tried other browsers. Please assist.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for reaching out to us, and I'm sorry if you're having difficulties accessing the website. Kindly follow these troubleshooting steps below:

1. Close all opened browsers
2. Open a single instance of your default browser with no tabs.
3. Copy: https://Upwork.com/clearcookies
4. Paste it on the browser's Address Bar and press Enter.
5. On the appearing prompt, click "Yes, Clear Cookies"
6. Once done, close the browser and shut down your device.
7. Give your device at least 5 minutes before powering it back on. Once the system is back up, open a browser and sign in to your Upwork Account.

Once done, please let us know how it goes from your end, and if the issue persists, kindly include as many details as you can. For example, to further check, include a screenshot of the error message you are receiving, the steps you have taken, the browsers or devices you have tried, etc. If you have additional questions, please let me know. Looking forward to your confirmation.

~ Arjay
Upwork
4d975624
Community Member

Hi Arjay

I have just followed your instructions - however I continue to have the same issue. To confirm:

1. have followed all steps listed exactly as listed

2. have attempted to login on all recognised browsers only

3. have not been able to login to upwork for around 2 weeks plus

4. Despite this, am still 'logged in' as was auto logged into your Support/Commuity site

5. Not using VPN etc.

Hi Nadia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket so that we can look into this further and assist you accordingly. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
54a1d3f2
Community Member

I have the same issue in Chrome (including Incognito mode), Firefox, Edge. Deleted cookies many times.

54a1d3f2_0-1699968548603.png

Hi Pavel, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
0749efd8
Community Member

Hi,

I have the same issue and have tried multiple browsers, incognito etc..

It's been a while since I last accessed my account, and so was initially presented with the 'Update your Verification' pop-up, which I've done, and after submitting it redirects to a 'signup' page which never loads due to the same 'too many redirects'.

The main issue I then have is that after trying to access this (one or two times) I'm rate limited by Cloudflare and can't access the site again for however long the temporary block is put in place.

I'm logged in via the app and have no issues. 

Please can someone take a look and let me know how to resolve this issue for desktop.

Thanks,

Rick

Hi Rick,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths