🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can I recreate my Upwork account?
Page options
p_padiev
Community Member

Can I recreate my Upwork account?

I have a question. Can I recreate my Upwork account?  My account had been suspended 3 years ago.So I plan on creating my upwork account. Is it possible to recreate account in this kind of situation?

Best regard.

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

Pavel:

It is not Upwork's intention that anybody "recreate" an account.

Upwork is not interested in "accounts."

Upwork is interested in "people."

Upwork wants to relate to you as a real person. As such, you may have only one account. It is a violation of Upwork ToS for a freelancer to create a second account.

There may be some good news here: An account "suspension" is not the same thing as an account "termination."

Freelancers can have their accounts suspended for a variety of reasons. Often it isn't a big deal. For example, a freelancer may be wearing dark glasses in their profile photos, and their account is suspended until they replace the photo with one that is more appropriate.

If your account was suspended earlier, then you should choose one of the following options:

- Follow Upwork's directions to resolve the suspension and resume normal activity

[or]

- Don't use Upwork as a freelancer

JoanneP

Hi Pavel,

Are you referring to a different account? Please send me a PM with more information so I can check this for you. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
78acccba
Community Member

Am I violating upwork policy if I recreate a deleted account?

Hi Liezel,

Yes, it is against our Terms of Service to create multiple freelancer accounts. 

~Andrea
Upwork
angelicf
Community Member

Hi joanne, I have the same experience and I was trying to reach support but it won't push through is there any way I can retrieve my suspended account? please help me find a solution.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members