🐈
» Groups » Upwork Engineering » Forum » Cheating client
Page options
mmarovic
Community Member

Cheating client

Hello,

22 other freelancers and I were cheated by a client who posted just closed job: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

The clients' name is **Edited for Community Guidelines** and the part of his posting was the sentence:

$300 USD will be paid out instantly (to the first person) if a fix is included in your proposal, otherwise we'll make the hire and test that the solution works. For the query below the execution time should not exceed 100ms on any CPU within the last 5 years.

When I reached a client, he insisted on providing the solution in advance.

I provided a solution, that the client tested, and when it performed as requested he stopped responding and let the job expire. I know I should not have sent the solution before hiring, however, IMO, Upwork should discourage/punish fraudulent behavior. I tried to reach Upwork support to look into the issue, but I had not received any feedback.

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mirko, 

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you had. I have already escalated this to our team to investigate the client further and take proper action. 
I would also like to confirm that asking for free work is a violation of our TOS. If you experience this in the future you can the option "Flag as an Inappropriate" on the job posting, or send the details to us (moderators). Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Clear, thank you.