cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decline a refund request on manual hours

John G Member Since: Oct 5, 2019
1 of 6

I have this client(who is new to upwork).He requested for a refund on an hourly task after thinking that the disputed hours were automatically entered by upwork because maybe he did not the contract on time.But after explaining to him that am the one who logged in the hours he was okay with me declining the refund request .But the problem is that I manually logged in the hours and I cannot locate an option for me to decline the request or raise a dispute about the request. please help?

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
2 of 6

Hi John,

I checked and it looks like the client has already closed the contract and the funds are currently pending.  If you have already communicated with your client and both of you have agreed to cancel the refund request, then you may decline the request. I also checked that you have submitted a ticket to our team. One of our agents will update your ticket to assist you further. 

-Joanne
Untitled
3 of 6

Hi Marie,

The payments are still in review that is why am worried I may not get paid, the pending amount is from another client.I don't know how to decline the request because I cannot see such an option when I open the details for the request.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4 of 6

Hi John,

Rest assured, our team will update your ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further directly there. If you have any additional questions, feel free to follow up on your ticket. Thank you.

Untitled
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 6

John G wrote:

The payments are still in review that is why am worried I may not get paid,

You can ignore the request, but if the client disputes, you will lose all the money for the manual time.

6 of 6

Okay, Thank you all for the help.