🐈
» Groups » Upwork Engineering » Forum » Re: Embedded Systems Budgets
Page options
ezequielg
Community Member

Embedded Systems Budgets

Hi all.
I am a little disappointed by the assumptions that are handled in the development of hardware and software for embedded systems.
I have seen that in general, customers ask for PCB design, board manufacturing, and embedded software for $ 500!Smiley Indifferent
Do you really work for those amounts or after talking to clients, does the value of the budget increase considerably?

4 REPLIES 4
alexandernovikov
Community Member

It's been said a million times that you shall ignore completely the customer's budgets for fixed price jobs. I saw stuff like this:

Bid range - High $40,000.00 | Avg $3,677.53 | Low $5.00

and it's no exception. and i would expect someone asking for $10K-$40K to actually get hired because vast majority of others are just 'blind' spam applications, and customer just put a placeholder value for price.

I know there are Spam publications, but I have had to deal with many clients (the majority) who really want a job for those prices.
That's why I ask for other experiences in this area.

Ignore the lowball projects, they're more trouble than they're worth because they will require unpaid coaching of the customer to help them (and you) understand what they're asking.  If they're offering to pay you to estimate the project or have a reasonable estimate along with a good description of the project, then they know what they're doing and they're absolutely worth pursuing.

Unfortunately, these types of customers seem to be rare.

mi122
Community Member

Hi everyone 

I am embedded  and electronics engineer, I need job.  My charges arelow $20 per hour