🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Feedback on my profile
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Hi New Upwork Freelancers!

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The Community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,582 REPLIES 3,582
sumanfl
Community Member

Hello Natalie,

Your profile should require more changes. Try to add more skills to your prorile. You can add total of 15 skills here. And try to add a testimonial, it will help to increase your client's trust level for you.

Thank You

Suman B.

nealofer
Community Member

Could you take a look at my profile too? Although I've tried including everything I think is essential, I cant help but think there's something missing in my profile.
zaeem3
Community Member

Hello Everyone!

I am relatively new on upwork. I have got verified and got some projects also. Later on, I applied on so many projects but didn`t get any interviews. Most of the clients are not internviewing or hiring anyone. Why is that? I applied to more than 130 jobs but couldn`t get any of that. Please review my profile and give suggestions. 

Thanks 

Regards!

rimshaasghar694
Community Member

I submit many proposals but the client cannot hire me why?

Hi Rimsha,

To learn more about getting started on Upwork, check out our resources Here. If you would like to learn more about how to improve your profile and proposals, you can check out our resources Here as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
acc123
Community Member

Hello Upwork team,

Since March, 2020  i continouasly try to get bookkeeping job and have submitted 78 proposal till now. But i did't get any job from there. I can't understant what is problem. Can any one tell me the key of success

makonde1974
Community Member

I am willing to get profile Feedack from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Hello MacDonald,

Good to see you here. I have checked your profile. So your 1st duty will be to complete your profile with 100% score mentioned by Upwork. Then you should approve your profile through Upwork. Also you can add portfolio and project catelog in your profile. Then you can also add a testimonial from your previous emplyer. it will increase your client's trust level for you. That's it. Best of Luck.

Thank You

Suman B.

aashaukat
Community Member

Hello, I would be extremely thankful if someone can review my profile. Thank you. 

Hi Muhammad,

Try to fulfill your profile as much as it possible with 100% score and approve it through Upwork. Then send proposal to your niche for better response. That's all. Best of Luck.

Thank You

Suman B.

carnol
Community Member

Hi there...

Brand new to upwork and would appreciate a review of my profile.

I'm constantly making subtle changes in a hope to improve my profile and currently in the process of adding projects I've done before joinging upwork to my profile dashboard.

Thank you in advance.

sumanfl
Community Member

Hi Carno,

Good to see you here. Now just complete your profile with 100% rating mentioned by Upwork and approve your profile through it. Also try to add some testimonials in your profile to increase your trust level to the clients. Then send proposal everyday to your niche. Thank You.

Regards

Suman B.

minhazur5711
Community Member

hey 

I  am a freelancer in Upwork. I  have done some work but in a long time, I am not found invited to an interview. I am applying for so many jobs but the client did not see my application or profile. so please anyone can check my profile and let me know if any problem with my profile.

kelvintac
Community Member

Hey Mike can you review my profile and give feedback. I think I deserve a badge lol.

docorleone
Community Member

Hi there
When I try to upload my profile picture it said
“Unable to get a proper response from a server”

I tried everything re-size it
250*250
Different web pages
And still nothing

Hi Vito,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like one of our agents already followed up with you on your support ticket and shared more information on how you can resolve your issue. Please consider following up on the ticket so that our team can assist you further. 

You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
099ef07e
Community Member

Please Rv Heart

ahsanhabibulab
Community Member

Thanks for the help. would anyone pls check my profile and pls give me any advice. 

ahsanhabibulab
Community Member

please check my profile

micaeladr
Community Member

Hello Mike,

I have just completed my profile and would like it if someone could provide feedback on it. I am ready to submit my proposals, but I'm not sure if my profile is effective enough. 

Kind regards 

Micaela.

1db817f7
Community Member

Yeah. Please give feedback on my profile.
Irfan
maryadeniyi
Community Member

I'll love to have a review on my profile.

Kindly review and assist with suggestions to improve further.

maryadeniyi
Community Member

I'll love a review please.
reach2teach
Community Member

Stella, that's a great start. Consider three suggestions: 1. In the overview section, focus on services you offer rather than personal attributes or qualities. 2. Add items to portfolio section. You have extensive experience in teaching field. A well-structured portfolio helps in showcasing your work. 3. Add testimonials from previous clients/employers. 

I am sure you will do well on this platform. Good luck.  

haseebmasood12
Community Member

Hi. Please review my profile as well. Please tell me what should i improve. I am also on upwork from last two years. But i only got one project till now. 

https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/~01f4e68fbf8a38d940/

Haseeb M.
akinpelu_isaac
Community Member

Hello,

I would appreciate it if someone can review my profile and tell me what should I improve.

Thanks in advance!

arslankhan39
Community Member

sir please help me . i am a student and want to earn from upwork .i am biding from one year but i can not win any job .i can do any job related to pdf editing . 

pronobsarkar24
Community Member

Dear Mary,

I saw your post and read it fully. with all my respect. Could you check my profile and provide me with feedback. I will appreciate it!
Thank you!

sohail_ahmad01
Community Member

Would love to have my profile reviewed please. Thanking in advance.

Hi Sohail,

Welcome to Upwork!

Thanks for your message. I'm an Upwork Success Partner and an independent professional on Upwork for more than 6 years, and I'll be happy to share a few tips on how you can improve the marketability of your profile:

• Your title "Creative writing" is vague does not help you stand out since many other professionals have the same or similar titles. Just like Google search results, the title and “snippets” of information that appear in Upwork’s talent search results can be key factors when potential clients are looking for experts to reach out to. Here are some additional best practices to consider for your profile copy.
  • Your profile overview is short compared to the average and therefore it is difficult to understand what are your key skills and services and how you can help clients achieve their goals. Help them understand your abilities better by listing information about your skills and experience in an original and creative way.  For example, expand on who you are, the services you offer, and what you’re most passionate about. Here are some additional tips for writing a great Overview
  • Add additional skill tags. At this time you only have 8 skill tags and are allowed up to 15! Having the right skill tags might help you show up in relevant search results
  • Add portfolio items. In my opinion, this is the most important section of your profile and it is very difficult to get hired without showing samples of your work. Your portfolio gives you the opportunity to impress potential clients with real-life examples of your skills and expertise. 
  • Add relevant details to help clients understand your background. For employment, Some types of information you could include in your details are your duties, if you worked independently or with a team, and any major accomplishments.

I encourage you to visit the Upwork Events page for past and upcoming educational events. It might help you learn more about how to get started and be successful on Upwork.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Tiffany F. | Upwork Success Partner

quantumviking
Community Member

I would be interested in profile feedback.  There are still things I am working on--seems like working on a profile can be a continuous process.  Here is my profile https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0145d66f20558990c7

Thank you,

Tarek

Tarek, you have the experience and expertise that it takes to be successful on this platform. Consider few suggestions: 1. Under the overview section, focus on services you offer in the first paragraph. If possible, create a specialized profile for some high-end services. 2. Is it possible to create a project catalog in your field?  This link might help. https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360058234233-Get-Started-with-Project-Catalog 3. Portfolio- I cannot emphasize enough significance of a well-crafted portfolio. You can get some ideas from other freelancer profiles. For instance, Jesse. (I don't know him, nor do I understand your domain well. But a quick title search of your profile popped up several profiles and Jesse's profile stood out for me.) 

Hope this helps, Good luck. 

Thank you for the feedback, Aditi.  I appreciate it.  I will check out those links and include those suggestions/ideas.

muneebali500
Community Member

Dear members,

I am a newbie to this freelancing universe and have created my profile. I would appreciate having feedback on it, please.

Thanks,

Upwork is a good and reliable marketplace. Many freelancers works in this platform. First you need to submit proposal many jobs according to you skill. When your proposal attracted to clients the clients send you interview message or offer. You meed to good communicate with client then you give the project. After successful completed the project the client give you feedback. If the project is not good then client give you 2/3/4 start feed back. If that is good the you give 5 start rating. I hope you understand.

Thank you.
e825750a
Community Member

Hi, dear community members.
I have a verified profile and rising talent badge and I completed three (3) project with 5 :glowing_star: and one with no feedback given . The Issue I'm facing is that I apply to job but I cannot win job. I don't know whether there is something wrong on my profile or this comes from Upwork. In fact I have seen many Upwork users talking about the same issue . Can you help me solve this issue? You can for example check out my profile and tell me if there is something wrong. If you have a link to an article about the topic, you can share it with us.
Best regards,
Bruno
kb-edits
Community Member

I would greatly appreciate a review of my profile.

Thank you for your time.

Kristen, Thank you for your service and great to see Marines such as yourself on Upwork. Since it is applicable to your profile as well, I am gonna copy the response I wrote for Tarek (another freelancer). Good luck!!

_______

Consider few suggestions: 1. Under the overview section, focus on services you offer in the first paragraph. If possible, create a specialized profile for some high-end services. 2. Is it possible to create a project catalog in your field?  This link might help. https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360058234233-Get-Started-with-Project-Catalog 3. Portfolio- I cannot emphasize enough significance of a well-crafted portfolio. You can get some ideas from other freelancer profiles. 

arthurswebsites
Community Member

Looks like there isn't a lot of activity here but if someone wants to take a look I'm all ears

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths