🐈
» Groups » Upwork Engineering » Forum » Filtering job insertions related to the C pro...
Page options
altaken
Community Member

Filtering job insertions related to the C programming language

I don't know if this is an issue common to other types of technologies/search areas, but whenever I try to filter out jobs in the C programming language, I get a mixture of insertions related to C++, C#, Objective-C and yet other unrelated results.

Do we have a workaround to this? All I have been doing to this time is using the `skill:C` syntax. In the meantime, I wrote to the help center, hoping to get consideration for the problem and possibly an adjustment in the search feature.

4 REPLIES 4
caldus
Community Member

Hi Oscar,

I don't know the solution but I'm glad you brought this up. This is not only a problem in Upwork, but it's also hard to search C related stuff on Google or other sites for obvious reasons. I don't do any more C programming these days but I definitely understand your frustration with that.

eeshwardas
Community Member

Oscar,

As a given, I havn't had much luck with automated search patterns on Upwork Job Searches.  Manual Browsing has worked better.

Filter by Desktop Development, then scan manually

Filter by Game Developer, then scan manually

Look in places you haven't yet and click on hyperlinks you havn't followed yet.

Erik Douglas W.
caldus
Community Member

I scan manually as well. This has worked better for me. In the past, when I search for specific job skills, I miss out on certain jobs because they didn't mention the specific skill but I was definitely qualified for it (and was something I was interested in).

eeshwardas
Community Member

I've been seeing a decent amount of C# work available.  Just completed some C# work for a client.

Actually, it was a Game Programming Job, but C# was the best choice of language for what the client was asking.  Look for Game Programming Gigs Oscar.

Erik Douglas W.