🐈
» Groups » Upwork Engineering » Forum » How Do I send an HTML page to my client?
Page options
vphillippersaud
Community Member

How Do I send an HTML page to my client?

Hope you can help me.

This is my first time sending an HTML web page to my client. 

The page contains images that are on my PC. When the client opens the page, the images disappear.

How can I fix this?

Many, many thanks,

Veronica.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vphillippersaud
Community Member

Thanks for all your feedback.

I did not ask the right question and did not describe my problem the right way. Sorry about that.

I have found the fix I need.

Thanks again.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
remco89
Community Member

Ehm, if you just send the HTML file and not the images, then you are sending a partially working website. Isn't that web design 101? This would be like uploading the HTML file to your server but not including the images... 

Just zip all the files and submit it like that?

There can be squirrily problems with the difference between the file and http protocols (in URLs). So either

-- send a screenshot (may require a browser add-on, to just do that page instead of the whole screen -- so 'screenshot' is a bit of a misnomer)

-- print the page to a PDF, then send that (also may require an add-on)

-- send the entire thing, including images, as a zip file. In Chrome, do File -> Save Page As... Then, near the lower right corner of the dialog box, select "webpage, complete". Save to a new, empty folder, then zip the folder (think other browsers have something similar). The browser should tweak all the urls to be appropriate -- though last I tried this (was a while ago), it had problems with CSS or Javascript (can't remember now which).  

prestonhunter
Community Member

Veronica:

If you are offering your services as a freelance professional who creates HTML page, then you will want to make sure that your clients are impressed by your abilities and professionalism. Obviously it would be embarrassing if you sent them HTML files that did not work due to basic mistakes on your part.

Learn more about HTML pages and how they work. Learn about different ways to send HTML files. Test different ways to send HTML files. Do some tests sending files to yourself and to some friends. Are you able to successfully create files that can be used by other people, on their computers?

Play around with different techniques and tools. Gain confidence. When you work with clients, they'll be impressed that you really know your stuff.

vphillippersaud
Community Member

Thanks for all your feedback.

I did not ask the right question and did not describe my problem the right way. Sorry about that.

I have found the fix I need.

Thanks again.

xynhost
Community Member

You have to check if the correct HTML tags are used to show the images on the HTML page. The image tags should be defined using the Linux or Unix file system (i.e. ./image/link/file.jpg) and not the Windows File system (i.e. C:\Windows\image.jpg) 

Also you should include the images with the HTML file. The easiest way is to send the HTML file as a ZIP or RAR file. And include the whole directory along with the images that go on the HTML page. 

Hope this helps.