🐈
» Groups » Upwork Engineering » Forum » How do i deliver wordpress type work?
Page options
rakinul_azim
Community Member

How do i deliver wordpress type work?

how can i dilver  work my client wordpress type work like plugin installation,theme customize,fix and bugs,and other ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

How can you you deliver your WordPress work?

That is up to you.

Upwork does not dictate any specific method for delivering work.

With fixed-price contracts... You may submit work files as attachments using the "Submit Work / Request Payment" button. If the file or files are not too large in total size, they can be submitted either as is or as a zipped archive.

But this is not required. Nor is it practical when creating large websites.

Much of my work involves developing entire websites and information systems. I simply create these on my servers or on the clients' servers and I never actually submit any files through the Upwork system. If these are fixed-price projects, when I click the "Submit Work" button, I do not include an attachment. I simply note "work as already delivered."

If you deliver work to a client, and the client is happy with how you have done so, then that is all that matters.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

How can you you deliver your WordPress work?

That is up to you.

Upwork does not dictate any specific method for delivering work.

With fixed-price contracts... You may submit work files as attachments using the "Submit Work / Request Payment" button. If the file or files are not too large in total size, they can be submitted either as is or as a zipped archive.

But this is not required. Nor is it practical when creating large websites.

Much of my work involves developing entire websites and information systems. I simply create these on my servers or on the clients' servers and I never actually submit any files through the Upwork system. If these are fixed-price projects, when I click the "Submit Work" button, I do not include an attachment. I simply note "work as already delivered."

If you deliver work to a client, and the client is happy with how you have done so, then that is all that matters.

Thank you so much

xynhost
Community Member

It's best to upload on a Server and make a Backup using one of the many plugins available for WordPress.

Since Wordpress contains Files and a Database as well. So its best to use one of the Migration plugins, and create a backup Dump file and then send the File to the Client. 

Easiest way is to upload the Finished WordPress Website on the Clients website. So they can see it working. Which is what I always do. 

This also helps avoid any conflicts and issues later on, as the clients usually are no so tech savvy to install the Backup dump file on their Server. And if something goes wrong, this could mean a bad review on the Developers part. 

Hope this helps.