cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is upwork dying slowly?

Kevin G Member Since: Jun 12, 2017
11 of 49

I noticed the job posting are declining and now you have to pay for the "connects", there are a lot of FAKE job posted.

monthly i apply 30 porjects - few responds and never select a freelancer.
well we can only suggest. this encourages me to come with my own platform
next year competing upwork.com sooner.

That is a really great idea! 

It would be great as well for the client to post an hourly rate budget. So we don't have to blindly bid an hourly rate that is out of their budget.

Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
12 of 49

Kevin G wrote:

I noticed the job posting are declining and now you have to pay for the "connects", there are a lot of FAKE job posted.

monthly i apply 30 porjects - few responds and never select a freelancer.
well we can only suggest. this encourages me to come with my own platform
next year competing upwork.com sooner.

That is a really great idea! 

It would be great as well for the client to post an hourly rate budget. So we don't have to blindly bid an hourly rate that is out of their budget.

The last thing I want is to know what the client thinks my work is worth.  Your rate is your rate, what goes into it is the considerations you have.  You may have to justify why it is a value to the client but that is really the job in a nutshell.

Ace Contributor
Paul S Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
13 of 49

if it was only truly like that. 99% of clients on upwork now are seeking a cheaper solution to their problem (obviously online workers are naturally cheaper), but they take it to far they want the cheapest possible one and then they find out that after spending (wasting) $5 because tthey hired someone who tried their best for 10 hours (for $5 haha) didnt quite give them what they wanted. now they think that nobody is capable.......i personally blame slave driver i want it all for free lazy small business owners for killing my particular field (programming and macro building). upwork has dropped its standards in this field. even with 100% rating i spent 3 months applying without barely a single reply, this past month or 2 out of 3-40 applies ive had 2 or 3 responses that just disapear, i think over the last year ive had a single $100 job... upwork is fast becoming a joke to me.

Ace Contributor
Ajay S Member Since: Sep 9, 2018
14 of 49

Appreciative and a mature comments.

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Thank you.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
15 of 49

Hi Ajay, 

I had to edit your posts as it violates the Upwork Community Guidelines. Kindly refer to the link above for more information on what activities/discussion are allowed here in the Community. 

I would appreciate if you can be mindful of the guidelines when posting in the Community, or when replying to a thread. 

Thank you, and let me know if you have other questions.

-Avery
Untitled
Ace Contributor
16 of 49

Sorry.  My apology.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
17 of 49

Hi Ajay,

Clients have a 3% payment processing and administration fee and they can choose our Basic or Plus plan. You can share this Help Article with your clients so that they can learn more about membership plans. Thank you.

Untitled
Ahmad S Member Since: Dec 2, 2018
18 of 49

Can you share proposal tips and ideal proposal template with me? As i'm struggling to become TOP rated freelancer. Thank you

Community Guru
Tom Z Member Since: Jul 10, 2016
19 of 49

I think what Ajay S was trying to say is Upwork is charging a 20% premium, and should offer more carefully selected employers rather than anyone who pays a few dollars. 

I agree, for example I've seen so many "Featured" jobs recently with 0 hires, 0 spending, yet, they are "Upwork Plus Client" . LOL.

Ace Contributor
20 of 49
Yes !!
Any one can login for free and eat away your credits.

Month 6
Offer $5 - $10
Credits required 6
Never opens or replies. keep waiting till you did.
Refunding is confusion. some time......

Regards..
Ajay