🐈
» Groups » Upwork Engineering » Forum » Re: My API Key requests keep being rejected, ...
Page options
moniquebayama
Community Member

My API Key requests keep being rejected, and I don't know why...

Hi everyone, as you can see in the post, my API requests have been rejected, and I can't figure out why...

Here's the project description I have submitted.

"I will use the Search Jobs API endpoint to analyze the different types of jobs posted on Upwork, and which skills are the most popular on the platform. This application will be used internally, however, a summary of the results will be shared on my blog."

I don't see how it goes against Upwork's guidelines, Am I wrong ? Thanks for your help !

6 REPLIES 6
AndreaG

Hi Monique,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
grayskripko
Community Member

Hi Monique

I have the same problem and applied for the key many times in the last year.

I talked with the support team and they haven't helped me. I just have a feeling that I play in some official game and got a lot of copy-pasted messages but in fact, no one cares.

Did they help you?

Thank you.

Nope, just got some basic copy-paste answer as well 😞 

Sorry to hear.

I'm waiting for my 4th copy-paste answer

Hi Sergey,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
b27fd713
Community Member

UpWork needs to update their rejection email template.

I have just been rejected as well, and searched Google and found this thread looking for more information.

Thanks to Bojan for the link. Turns out I have a Support Ticket automatically created with the rejection. Giving me specific reasons for the rejection and what to do about it.

The rejection email from UpWork contained none of this information. It had no "next step".

Anyone reading this, visit this link (or if it doesn't work, check your support tickets).

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests

Maybe pass up the chain at UpWork, to send a link to the Support Tickets in the rejection email. Save us all some time.