🐈
» Groups » Upwork Engineering » Forum » Re: Need advice desiging and developing a mob...
Page options
marouaneourahou
Community Member

Need advice desiging and developing a mobile app

Dear Community,

I want your help and advice please

I have a mobile app idea for iPhone and Android but not sure what I need to hire someone for, the design and/or the coding.

I have details about the app functions, and all the backend APIs are documented but not sure how to start from the mobile side in term of the design and the development (not gaming app).

Note: this is gonna be version 1 of the app so I plan to test the market to see if the app succeed, then I can continue with the app (in another word I want to minimize the cost)

What do you suggest in term of the process of designing and developing the app? Whom should I hire and what I should ask for?

I appreciate your input and advice.

3 REPLIES 3
martina_plaschka
Community Member

@Marouane O wrote:

Dear Community,

I want your help and advice please

I have a mobile app idea for iPhone and Android but not sure what I need to hire someone for, the design and/or the coding.

I have details about the app functions, and all the backend APIs are documented but not sure how to start from the mobile side in term of the design and the development (not gaming app).

Note: this is gonna be version 1 of the app so I plan to test the market to see if the app succeed, then I can continue with the app (in another word I want to minimize the cost)

What do you suggest in term of the process of designing and developing the app? Whom should I hire and what I should ask for?

I appreciate your input and advice.

I'm pretty sure one of the over 1,8 million freelancers on this site will be happy to consult with you and help you with all of your questions. Just post a job with this exact same text!

prestonhunter
Community Member

Marouane:

Post your job posting on the main site:

http://www.upwork.com

If you are new to all this, you can explain that you want help getting this project off the ground.

As a practical matter, you are not ready yet to serve as a project manager. You really should hire a project manager.

Approximately 20% of freelance developers can do a passable job serving as their own project manager.

But the other 80% really can NOT. So if you don't hire a project manager, how do you know your lead dev is one of those 80%? The odds are against you.

avnrocky
Community Member

Dear Marouane O,

Basically, we start from the designing phase from where we work on Wireframes, then we create a clickable prototype and fill missing information and fix or improve User Experience durng this process.  

There are various stages of wireframing (low, mid, high fidelity wireframes), but we can keep things simple to get everything done withing budget.

After that we work in fianl Designs.  There are variety of mobile with different screen resolutions for both Android & iOS but smart people design for bigger screen resolutions in vectors and crop / resize the images for rest of the resolutions. 

After designing the development work starts. I need to discuss things to explain the best way to do your project development after seeing your requirements and about app features / functionalities.

There are few other ways too. I can explain later on a call.

Please let me know if you want to discuss project in details. 

Here is my profile link: 

https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/_~01e7020e890f1987dd/

I haven't uploaded most of my good designs on upwork due to signed NDAs with clients.  

Regards,

AVN