🐈
» Groups » Upwork Engineering » Forum » Need recomendation for wireframe software
Page options
c2fdc052
Community Member

Need recomendation for wireframe software

Hi,

We're on a mission to sharpen up our processes as to handle more (and bigger) webdevelopment projects and our best prospect clients have been requesting wireframes at the start of the project.

I surely found tons of options after a web search but would appreciate if people with hands on experience could suggest a few options for us to evaluate.

Needless to say that the ultimate goal is to become flatout busy with projects so we can use Upwork more frequently 😉

Thanks,

Andre

4 REPLIES 4
bobafett999
Community Member

@Lisa I wrote:

Hi,

We're on a mission to sharpen up our processes as to handle more (and bigger) webdevelopment projects and our best prospect clients have been requesting wireframes at the start of the project.

I surely found tons of options after a web search but would appreciate if people with hands on experience could suggest a few options for us to evaluate.

Needless to say that the ultimate goal is to become flatout busy with projects so we can use Upwork more frequently 😉

Thanks,

Andre

Well Lisa or Andre, this may sound harsh but why not post a job and hire? 

You are on Upwork to make money.  Other freelancers on Upwork are also here to make money.  Some of them could definitely sell their knowledge for a fee (I don't have the knowledge).

Also, Upwork does not like pople asking for free stuff.

On a serious side there are multitude of wireframing programs some are free and some cost money.  Make google your best friend.

Hi Prashant,

I'm unsure if you've missed the point but perhaps I haven't been clear enough, let me try gain...I'm an Upwork client and not a freelancer therefore I'm here to spend money by hiring people's talent and skills.

We're a small team based in New Zealand with a reasonable ammount of new projects on the pipeline and since we cannot handle them all by ourselves we've started using freelancer's help here at Upwork.

To make the hiring and production process smooth I'd like to be able to create wireframes based on my understanding of the project after meeting in person with my clients so that I can post design and development jobs in a way that leaves as little doubts as possible.

I would not consider hiring a freelancer to draw wireframes for me as it's something easier done in house and on the same timezone as the client therefore I've asked for recommendations for a wireframe tool so that I can spend my time prospecting clients, gathering info and drawing wireframes rather than spending days/weeks trialing the several options available.

Makes more sense now?

Thanks,

Andre

Andre:  It makes no difference if you are a client or a freelancer, my point is still valid.  In my opinion it is still asking for free stuff 😉

You are also in business of selling your 'web design' knowledge.  Other wireframe users could be your competitors - why would they want to increase your productivity? 

Your post generated no response so either they are not users of those software or they don't want to give away their knowledge for free.

On a serious note though it is like asking people if they like blue tie or red tie.  These kind of programs and features are of personal choice as well as legacy experience.  If I was using something like that from dark ages and still I liked the features I might not be tempted to invest time and learn new gadgets.  From little dabbling I have done many of them are very similar. 

Lisa / Andre, As primarily a website writer, I've seen everything from basic powerpoint 'pictures' to word docs detailing what goes where - i.e.,  wireframes of a sort.

There are specific tools for creating wireframes, so as Prashant said, try Google and let your developers determine what works best for them and the budget.