🐈
» Groups » Upwork Engineering » Forum » Re: New to Web development
Page options
basak_sumita
Community Member

New to Web development

I am shifting digital marketing to web development. I have a successful 38 job in digital marketing. But I am trying get job in Web development. I have skilled members and professionals to do front and back end development. But I am not finding any job. Please respond how I should go. Looking for good response.
4 REPLIES 4
tta192
Community Member

@Sumita B wrote:
[...] I have skilled members and professionals to do front and back end development.[...]

You can only delegate work to other people when acting as an agency. Is that the case?

If you’re bidding under an individual freelancer account then you must perform the work yourself. Otherwise you’re breaching the TOS and could have your account suspended.

j_worth
Community Member

What is TOS?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi John, 

TOS refers to Terms of Service. 

~ Avery
Upwork
matt_it_grow
Community Member

Sumita B wrote:
I am shifting digital marketing to web development.

Wouldn't you need to know something about being a developer, I mean I know UpWork makes it easy to just slap on a hat, it's the moralities of the situation, you should be a developer prior to trying to sell yourself as a developer. Does that make sense, not sure

It damages the field and the communities view of UpWork devs when there are those who are not devs selling themselves inaccurately. It makes it more difficult for real developers to provide their level of service.