🐈
» Groups » Upwork Engineering » Forum » Status of position
Page options
iziaulla
Community Member

Status of position

How do I find out if client is still hiring sometime after applying. Everyday I see no status change ?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Probably the 4th one is a bad idea in general. However you would probably agree on the first 3 though? I can probably understand why I'm not getting any invites. It's probably I need to put more hours into finishing projects and publishing, get certified. Both of which I'm trying very hard to do. The good news is that I'm almost done with 2 (not just 1) unity projects, and I'm currently trying to study for the certification.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Irfan Z wrote:
How do I find out if client is still hiring sometime after applying. Everyday I see no status change ?

To be honest, why does it matter? 

I never look at job posts after I applied, it is not a productive use of my time.

All you need to know is that unless and until a client contacts you back, nothing of interest is happening.

iziaulla
Community Member

For me anyways knowing "Last viewed by client" and "Date posted" information tells me things like:
1) OK, I sent my proposal. I haven't heard from them yet after a few weeks. It's time to fix my proposal.
2. It's time to add more projects to my portfolio.
3. It's time to get my Unity certification.
4. A reason to contact client on status if possible. As some clients mention their name in the job description.

One thing that I've learned is that to getting what you want in life, you have to be positive, proactive, persistent (3 P's).
petra_r
Community Member

Irfan Z wrote:

4. A reason to contact client on status if possible. As some clients mention their name in the job description.

Contact the client... how? I hope you don't mean outside Upwork as that will get you kicked off the platform in double-quick time...

iziaulla
Community Member

Oopps I think I forgot about that one. Thanks for reminding me!

Probably the 4th one is a bad idea in general. However you would probably agree on the first 3 though? I can probably understand why I'm not getting any invites. It's probably I need to put more hours into finishing projects and publishing, get certified. Both of which I'm trying very hard to do. The good news is that I'm almost done with 2 (not just 1) unity projects, and I'm currently trying to study for the certification.
petra_r
Community Member

Irfan Z wrote:
Probably the 4th one is a bad idea in general. However you would probably agree on the first 3 though?

Probably, but what does that have to do with knowing the status of jobs you applied to?