🐈
» Groups » Upwork Engineering » Forum » Study materials for getting started as a free...
Page options
3be6d8fe
Community Member

Study materials for getting started as a freelance web developer?

Hello, i am a computer science university graduate and i have decided on becoming a full stack freelance web developer. Which would be the best courses or books to get me started on landing small web development jobs and going from there? Stefan Mischook seemed trustworthy to me and his course seems to be what i m looking for, do you think it would be a good idea to embark on the journey by picking this one up? Otherwise, is there any other course that you would suggest that could cover me for the fundamentals and for popular freelance gigs on web development? I am also open to reading books, however, i m mostly seeing people suggest books on learning specific languages and i m not sure about how much these would cover me considering i need knowledge of different programming languages, tools and also some guidance on non-programming skills and knowledge useful to get succesful as a freelancer.

Which bring me to my secondary request, aside from a course/book on the practical programming skills, i would also like to learn about stuff like how to present my portofolio and my self in general in ways that will draw clients to me, along with other strategies concerning useful soft skills and whatnot. After i ve prepared myself, i ll probably go to upwork or a similar site and start there, so knowledge about how to efficiently maneuvre such a site could also prove useful.

1 REPLY 1
prestonhunter
Community Member