🐈
» Groups » Upwork Engineering » Forum » Re: Threatened to be reported...
Page options
dd5bdd51
Community Member

Threatened to be reported...

Hello Sir!

I hope you are doing well..I have Contacted a client, which he give me a task which was a python code. And that is only one script file for whole task. He ask me to show me the code (as task was not completed ), I show him the code half.. He started talking harshly and threatens me to report.. And told me not to message me.. Please resolve this issue by either contacting him to complete payment of my work or I am reporting him through this way.

[I am new to Upwork] The message was supposed to contact support team, but that page redirect me here. 

What should I do in above situation?

Did I make mistake to show him Screenshot of code?

What would have you done in such situation?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Muhammad: You made a mistake. Next time, don't work for free.

Don't work without a contract.

Upwork is not here so that you can provide free work to people. That doesn't help you. That does not help the platform. Ultimately the people this harms the most are the clients.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JoanneP

Hi Muhammad,

I checked your account, but I was not able to locate any contract. Did you communicate with the client outside of Upwork? 

~ Joanne
Upwork
dd5bdd51
Community Member

No! I was discussing him my code in messages.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Muhammad: You made a mistake. Next time, don't work for free.

Don't work without a contract.

Upwork is not here so that you can provide free work to people. That doesn't help you. That does not help the platform. Ultimately the people this harms the most are the clients.

Thanks for guidance. As I was totally unaware of this contract before start working. I am new to Upwork. I will take care next time.