cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading Images. Format? Size?

Highlighted
Dave M Member Since: Jul 28, 2016
1 of 20

Uploading my portfolio images is soooo frustrating! What file size and format do you recommend? I've tried jpg's & pdf's. downsizing my images. I've changed names. I can upload some but not all. HELP! 

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 20

Hi Dave,

I am sorry you are having issues with uploading your portfolio items. Images can be in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, or .png format and the maximum size is 5 mb.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
George C Member Since: Jun 28, 2017
3 of 20

What do you suggest as an ideal image size for both a small picture to start that can be clicked and after clicking is 2-3 times larger than the original?

360x360, or 600x600?

Thanks in advance for your info.

George

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 20

Hi George,

We don't have any specific recommendations regarding the ideal image size. Since you will use the cropping tool to select the part of the image you want to display, you don't need to upload images of a specific dimension. The cropping tool will determine what shows up as the thumbnail image but once you click on the portfolio item, you will be able to see the full image.

Highlighted
Erik H Member Since: Feb 24, 2020
5 of 20

Why does this keep happening no matter what size I use?

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
6 of 20

Hi Erik, 

The minimum dimensions for images are 400px width x 300px height , however 1000px width x 750px height is recommended. The maximum size is 5 MB for the thumbnail and 25 MB for attachments. Also, I'd also like to note that you should be able to resize the image on the thumbnail when you edit the portfolio item (Pencil icon > Add details > Pencil icon). 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Dorian C Member Since: Sep 15, 2018
7 of 20
Erik, the aspect ratio for your images is not suitable here and that's why they get cropped and the text cannot fit. When you prepare an image for the project featured image you should use an artboard of 340x253px.
Highlighted
Steve B Member Since: Apr 7, 2020
8 of 20

Many thanks Dorian. I was struggling with that too. The other answers about "size" are referring to file size, not dimensions. You got it exactly right. I could figure out what the issue was, but was having to trial-and-error the aspect ratio and max width. UPWORK' s note on the upload page says 690 pixels wide. Not. Kudos. And thanks!

Highlighted
Olli F Member Since: Jul 9, 2020
9 of 20

hi. it would be great tortellinos people that they are able to double click and see the whole file then.
maybe i missed out on it, then my comment was wrong.but it took me 3 days to finally see that in your comment haha.

anway.cheers

Highlighted
Danny B Member Since: Jun 22, 2020
10 of 20

how big in pixel dimensions size. My images get cut off around the edges.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS