🐈
» Groups » Upwork Engineering » Forum » Re: Upwork Time Tracker - "An unknown error h...
Page options
timofeybiryukov
Community Member

Upwork Time Tracker - "An unknown error has occurred"

I can't login in to my upwork time tracker.

After entering email and password and short loading I get a message: "An unknown error has occurred".

My client is waiting for me to start on his project, and I am stuck on this step.

Mac OS - 10.15.3

Time tracker - 5.3.3.862

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
timofeybiryukov
Community Member

I did fix the issue my self and just now have time to address it here.

The way I was able to fix it:

On my macbook I deleted the app from applications folder and then searched (via mac os search bar) and deleted any mentions of upwork on the computer. After reinstalling the application I was able to log in and start loggin hours.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
timofeybiryukov
Community Member

I did fix the issue my self and just now have time to address it here.

The way I was able to fix it:

On my macbook I deleted the app from applications folder and then searched (via mac os search bar) and deleted any mentions of upwork on the computer. After reinstalling the application I was able to log in and start loggin hours.

I am also facing the same problem. Please resolve it as soon as possible. I am unable to continue my work.

Hi Timofey

I follow your steps but still, I am getting the same issue. Please guide if anyone has a solution to this problem.

Regards,

Parv Kumar

Hi Parv,

If you haven't already, could you please try following the steps shared in this help articleIf the issue persists please report the problem and one of our team members will assist you directly. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

This absolutely worked for me! Thank you, Timofey! Love from the Philippines! ❤️

vlazic
Community Member

I had a same problem on Ubuntu 18.04.
In addition to unstalling the previous version and installing new one, I needed to delete application cache:
Click on system tray Upwork icon, then Settings, then Advanced, then "Clear Cache And Restart".

petioptrv
Community Member

Yes, this worked for me. Clearing the cache was all that was needed.

rossnpl
Community Member

Sorry, I cannot delete it, the answer is already above 🙂 found once I posted 🙂

I have resolved the issues by clearing the cache and Restart. Click the icon in the taskbar or at the top bar and click "Settings" and then go to "Advanced" and go below where you will see the "Clear Cache and Restart"Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 12.27.44 PM.png

With that, I am able to log in again.

Best regards,
Rupak
https://webocreation.com

Thank you. That's solved my problem.