🐈
» Groups » Upwork Engineering » Forum » What Do iOS Job Proposals Consist Of?
Page options
rvaessen
Community Member

What Do iOS Job Proposals Consist Of?

Hello All,

I am new to freelancing and to Upwork. I am looking to obtain iOS based work. I have never submitted or even viewed an iOS job proposal. I imagine them to be preliminary designs - even though the job descriptions are often quite brief. It would be helpful to me if I could see a few successful proposals and/or hear more about the "proposal process" (a back and forth with the client?). Does anyone have any thoughts in this regard?

Thank you for your consideration.

Robert V.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

re: "Should I mention compensation right off the bat or hold off a bit?"
It's not up to you.

Upwork requires you to specify an hourly rate or an estimated fixed-price amount.

So, yes, mention compensation right off the bat. Because you are required to do so.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I imagine them to be preliminary designs"

I don't think so.

If I was going to do preliminary designs, I would want to get paid for that.

Proposals for iOS jobs are no different than proposals for anything else.

Your goal is to let the client know that you're the right person for the job. You're not supposed to do part of the job for free.

A proposal should be fairly short. Don't spend too much time on it. Remember that the client can click to your profile and see your portfolio and overview text.

DON'T TALK ABOUT YOURSELF. The client is NOT INTERESTED IN YOU.

Talk about:

- the client

- the client's project

- how you will make the client's life better by working on this project

Thank you, Preston. That is very helpful. Should I mention compensation right off the bat or hold off a bit?

re: "Should I mention compensation right off the bat or hold off a bit?"
It's not up to you.

Upwork requires you to specify an hourly rate or an estimated fixed-price amount.

So, yes, mention compensation right off the bat. Because you are required to do so.

Thanks for your help, Preston.