🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Comission for Client I brought to Upwork
Page options
indrajitsinh-ray
Community Member

0% fee when you bring your own client

Where can I find my BYOC link?  (I need it ASAP so that I can start  working on the contract from tomorrow) 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Kamran,

We appreciate you bringing this up and we want to clear this up for everyone in order to avoid any confusion moving forward.

The Bring Your Own Client program is offered to both Freelancer Plus members and freelancers who have the Top Rated, Top Rated Plus, or Rising Talent badge.

Freelancers with the mentioned badges are notified via email when they first receive the badge and are informed that they can take advantage of the BYOC program.

Before, this was limited to these freelancers but in order to extend this perk to other freelancers, we also made it available for those subscribed to Freelancer Plus.

The 0% service fee only applies if the clients sign up using the unique link for the freelancers. If you have not received a personal invitation link, please email BringYourClient@upwork.com.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

219 REPLIES 219

Many thanks, Andrea!

• Welcome 
mnmayer
Community Member

A few months ago, I received an email informing me that  I could bring my own clients and pay 0% fees in that case. A client with whom I worked outside of Upwork registered on the platform and sent me a contract. I want to make sure that I'll be paying 0% commission before accepting it.

Bring Your Own Client program is currently only available for Top Rated and Rising Talent freelancers. As you are not meeting those requirements, you can still send a link to your profile to your client and they can sign up for an Upwork account and hire you for a contract. You'll be paying standard Service Fee.

hope this helps

I'm currently Top Rated Plus, do you mean that I'm being "penalized" for the "plus" part?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Martin, 

It looks like you are indeed a Top Rated Plus freelancer. Do you already have a personal link to share with your clients? If not, I will share your account with the team so that they can reach out to you with your personal link. Once you have it, you can share it with your clients outside of Upwork to avail of the 0% service fees. 

You may read more about the Top Rated Plus badge here.

~ Avery
Upwork
mnmayer
Community Member

Avery,

I don't have a personal link yet. Thank you very much for contacting the Upwork team in order to reach out to me!

I might still have an issue regarding this specific case since my client already registered on the platform and send me the contract, so he's not going to be able to register again under my link. Is there a way around this? I'm really interested in starting working with this client via Upwork since it is a larger contract and the platform solves the billing, which I'm currently doing for the client.

mnmayer
Community Member

Sorry for insisting, but nobody from Upwork contacted me regarding my issue. I would need to solve it rather quickly since I have to start the contract and my client is waiting.

Hi Martin,

I have shared your account information with the team. One of our agents will reach out via a support ticket with your unique link.

~ Joanne
Upwork
9e11f776
Community Member

Hello friend 

Hi,
As i have rising talent badge can i get BYOC on work?
and how to get that link so i can start getting weekly payments on upwork without charges

Hi Hafiz Ahmad,

If you have not received a personal invitation link, please email BringYourClient@upwork.com. You may also continue communicating with the team through the support ticket that you've raised with your concern if you still need further assistance. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi,
As i have rising talent badge can i get BYOC on work?
i am working for him for years

I have a question regarding bringing clients to Upwork.  If I were to bring some of my clients to Upwork, what happens if I leave Upwork?  Do I need to pay the conversion fee to get my clients back?  Or am I free to work with them outside of Upwork since I was the one who brought them?

Thanks!

Hi Jeremiah,

Yes, you are free to continue your work outside of Upwork if you already had a relationship before working together on Upwork. You can learn more about Circumvention here.

~Andrea
Upwork
zahedkamal2015
Community Member

My profile is new on UpWork. I want to bring a client from outside. But i see upwork allow "0% Commission" on Top Rated freelancers only. So, wondering, someday if i reach the Top Rated freelancer thing, me and my client will have the "0% commission"?

Mohammad Zahed K wrote:

So, wondering, someday if i reach the Top Rated freelancer thing, me and my client will have the "0% commission"?

Not on contracts with a client who joined Upwork before you became top-reated, no.

It's only when clients sign up with a special link from a top-rated freelancer. It isn't backdated.

Thanks for quick reply.

It is very difficult to get project/work on upwork through a new profile. So, i cannot invite anybody until i get "Top Rated" badge?

Do we get any help from Direct Contracts to get "Top Badge"?

Thanks again

akudukhov
Community Member

I am top rated.

Want to share "link" for new cient.

Where I could find that link?

Hi Alan,

If you have not received a personal invitation link, please email BringYourClient@upwork.com to request it.

~Andrea
Upwork
0233a156
Community Member

Can I get a link to invite a client to my UpWork profile

Hi MD. Khademul,

I'll go ahead and share your account information to the team so that they can get in touch with you with your personal link.

~ Nikola
Upwork
f33d897f
Community Member

I have recently become a Top Rated freelancer. But I have not received the link to invite my clients here on Upwork. Can someone help me with this?

Hi Michelle,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to provide your link.

~Andrea
Upwork
mattyturn95
Community Member

Hi Everyone,

I have a question that I would like an answer to.

I have 4 clients that are outside of Upwork, & I wish to bring them to Upwork. Purely just for ease of payments and security and so on.

My question is, if I bring them to Upwork do I still pay the 20% on the first $500 earned?

Or does Upwork give some sort of reward or upper hand due to the fact that I am bringing clients from outside of Upwork?

And how do I go by setting this up ?

Matthew

Matthew T wrote:

My question is, if I bring them to Upwork do I still pay the 20% on the first $500 earned?

Or does Upwork give some sort of reward

Yes! You are top-rated, so you qualify for a special link that you can give to the clients. When they use that link to sign up, you will be charged NO service fee at all, for any contracts with those clients, forever. You need to contact Support to get your special link.

Sushant B wrote:

https://www.upwork.com/direct-contracts 

Why should he pay a fee when he doesn't have to?

davidcseh
Community Member

Dear Upwork Team!

I would like to bring an external client to upwork via personal link. I read all of the relevant help articles and I realize I need to be top rated for that. I checked all of the criteria, I already have 16/16 weeks of 100% JSS, availability set, 0 account holds, yesterday I also completed my profile to 100%.

However the top rated badge is not showing up.

May I ask your help to send me a personal client invitation link or investigate why the top rated badge is not showing up?

Thank you in advance for any help!

Regards,

David C

Hi David,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please know that the Top Rated status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. Once all the requirements are met, you should receive the badge within 48 hours.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello Nikola!

Thank you very much, I just received the top rated badge, I can see it on my profile now. Can you please help with how I can get a bring your client personal link which a client can use to register on Upwork?

Regards,

David

Hi David,

If you have not received a personal invitation link, please feel free to email BringYourClient@upwork.com and they'll be happy to provide it for you.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea,

Thank you so much, I have sent them an e-mail.

David

isawe
Community Member

Hello, I Want to invite my customer to upwork, as I know I can send an invitation to him "NOT A DIRECT CONTRACT". 
I am a top-rated freelancer.
where can I find the referral? 

Hi Moumen,

We truly appreciate you reaching out to us. We do have a program that allows Top Rated freelancers to bring their offline clients to Upwork and be eligible for a 0% service fee on payments from those clients. I have submitted your request and one of our team members will reach out with more information and links for the program.

~ Arjay
Upwork
chandradev819
Community Member

Hi Upwork Team,

Could you please give me steps to bring my outside client to upwork ? we are going to work on very big project.

As i know, if i will bring my clients on upwork then i donot have to pay processing fee. is it correct ?

Regards

Chandradev

Hi Chandradev,

I would be happy to help. Could you please confirm if you are interested in Bring Your Own Client program? If so please know that Top Rated freelancers who bring their offline clients to Upwork are eligible for 0% on fees with the new clients they bring. That's 0% on all contracts you have with that client, forever. Even if you lose your Top Rated status, you’ll continue to pay a 0% fee on these contracts.

If you are interested in receiving a personal invitation link let us know and we will be happy to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
ianruas
Community Member

Hi there,

I'm a Top Rated Plus Freelancer at Upwork and I would like my unique link to bring my own client into the platform for 0% fees. Could the staff please get in touch with details on this program? 

Thank you,

Ian R.

Hi Ian,

Thanks for reaching out. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
burhankamboh
Community Member

Hello,
I want an invitation link for my clients who are not yet registered on Upwork so I can avail 0% Upwork fee option.
Thank you

Hi Burhan, 

Feel free to email BringYourClient@upwork.com, and they'll be happy to provide it for you.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths