🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: 0% fee when you bring your own client
Page options
indrajitsinh-ray
Community Member

0% fee when you bring your own client

Where can I find my BYOC link?  (I need it ASAP so that I can start  working on the contract from tomorrow) 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Kamran,

We appreciate you bringing this up and we want to clear this up for everyone in order to avoid any confusion moving forward.

The Bring Your Own Client program is offered to both Freelancer Plus members and freelancers who have the Top Rated, Top Rated Plus, or Rising Talent badge.

Freelancers with the mentioned badges are notified via email when they first receive the badge and are informed that they can take advantage of the BYOC program.

Before, this was limited to these freelancers but in order to extend this perk to other freelancers, we also made it available for those subscribed to Freelancer Plus.

The 0% service fee only applies if the clients sign up using the unique link for the freelancers. If you have not received a personal invitation link, please email BringYourClient@upwork.com.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

219 REPLIES 219

Can I have the invitation link to invite my clients to Upwork? 

I have a rising talent badge, how much will be the charge for me and for my clients?

and what is the process to get order from them? can I send any offer to my clients so that they can accept and place order?

Hi Mohammad,

I'll go ahead and share your account information to the team so that they can get in touch with you with your personal link.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi There,

I am currently trying to achieve the "Rising Talent" badge as I wish to bring a client onto the platform but the fee structure of 20%/10% is a deal breaker given that I currently contract directly with the client. Can I please have some clarification on what else is required to achieve the Rising Talent badge. I've gone through the article (Rising Talent – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help) however some of the criteria is not specific or measurable so I am unsure how to meet it, such as:

- Adhere to Upwork terms of service: I would assume this is a penalty for breaking terms of service but do i need to do anything other than agreeing to the ToS when i set up my account?

- Regularly submit proposals: How many proposals? I have already submitted a few

- Complete projects on time and as promised to clients: Does this mean that I need to source a client on Upwork first before I can achieve "Rising Talent"?

I would greatly appreciate clarification here.

Kind Regards,

Samuel Macintyre

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Samuel, 

To start, all freelancers must abide by the Terms of Service. Any hold on your account because of a violation will not make you eligible for any program on Upwork.

As for becoming part of the Rising Talent program, the badge is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed
here. This process is working as designed, and we can't specify why a freelancer is or isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Many factors go into being part of the program. And once you qualify, you should receive an invitation to the program. We won't be able to share specifics to avoid users gaming the system, which we hope you understand. 

I recommend that you read up on the resources we have compiled here to help you succeed on Upwork. Take note that not all freelancers will become part of this program. Some skip it altogether and proceed to get a Job Success Score.

I hope this helps, good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork

Is Bring Your Own Client program still available for top-rated sellers? I am currently inviting my outside clients to the Upwork. But I am paying a 20% fee when they purchase my project. I would be able to become a top-rated seller within the next month. So, how can I invite them to purchase my project when I will be a top-rated seller.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Randal, 

Once you're part of the program, our team can forward your account information to the team so that they can reach out to you with your personal link. You can come back here, and the moderator at the time of your posting will assist you. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello there,

Four days ago i open live chat with one of your representives. He gave me my link to send to client and i sent him as instructed. He gave me mail where to contact upwork about my contract ID. I did all of it. I guess i got auto reply on start they are reviewing process. Still no response from them. It seems they have no intention of reducing my fee. Therefore i will have to refund the money and tell client to go old way of doing things. I am really disapointed with the service. Please update your company policies. Thanks!

Hi Mario,

I am sorry for the frustration this has caused. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thanks Nikola i hope we can solve this fast. I really prefer using upwork above all and i hope we can stay on this plattform. One more time ty for quick response!

I would like to apply to the Bring Your Own Client program and get the 0% fee deal. Can I have a personal link so I can invite a client to join Upwork? Thanks!

Hi Leonardo,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'll go ahead and share your account information with the team so that they can get in touch with you with your personal link.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola,
Just checking in because I still haven't been contacted by anyone. Is it normal for this process to take so long?

Hi Leonardo,

Thank you for following up. I reached out to the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you via a support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello Nikola! I would also like to apply to the Bring Your Own Client program and get the 0% fee deal. Can I have a personal link so I can invite a client to join Upwork? Thanks!

I was already contacted by the Customer Support Team. Thank you very, Nikolas!

Hello! I would also like to apply to the Bring Your Own Client program and get the 0% fee deal. Can I have a personal link so I can invite a client to join Upwork? Thanks!

Hi Daisy,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi,
I am interested in inviting my client to work with me on my agency account. I have a top rated personal profile, could I invite him to the agency and get 0% commission?
and how could i get the link to invite him?

Hi Omar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Only the owner of the Top Rated or Rising Talent Agency could use the benefit of the 

Bring Your Own Client program, and only the Exclusive Agency freelancer will benefit from this program.

If your agency does not meet those requirements, you can still send a link to your profile to your client and they can sign up for an Upwork account and hire you for a contract. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
dzanich
Community Member

Hello,

I would like to apply to the Bring Your Own Client program and get the 0% fee deal, I have a Top Rated Badge. Can I have a personal link so I can invite a client to join Upwork? I need your help.

Looking forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.
Thanks a lot! 

dzanich
Community Member

Hello all,

any feedback? 🙂

Hi Hasan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
dzanich
Community Member

Hello Pradeep,

Thank you for your message and response. 

auad
Community Member

Hi,

Is there any way to invite a client to create an Upwork account and benefit from that as an agency?!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Au,

Only the owner of the Top Rated or Rising Talent Agency could use the benefit of the 

Bring Your Own Client program, and only the Exclusive Agency freelancer will benefit from this program.

If your agency does not meet those requirements, you can still send a link to your profile to your client and they can sign up for an Upwork account and hire you for a contract. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ahmad-fiaaz
Community Member

Hi,

I am Top Rated Plus , but not sure from which section I can get refferal link to invite my clinet

Thanks

Hi Fiaaz,

Thank you for reaching out to us. If you are interested in receiving a personal invitation link please email BringYourClient@upwork.com.

Additionally, I see that you also created a support ticket regarding your concern. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
NikolaS

Hi Indrajitsinh,

Rising Talent, Top Rated, or Top Rated Plus freelancers who bring their offline clients to Upwork are eligible for 0% on fees with the new clients they bring. That's 0% on all contracts you have with that client, forever. Even if you lose your badge, you’ll continue to pay a 0% fee on these contracts.

If you have not received a personal invitation link, please email BringYourClient@upwork.com.

~ Nikola
Upwork

And What is the fee for client  when pay my payment if I bring my client

Hi, I have been a top-rated freelancer, but now I have lost my top-rated status. I see the option to bring my own clients when I hit the direct contract menu. Do I still have the option to bring the clients with a 0% fee markup?

ranazulkaif_0-1674726342161.png

Hi Zulkaif,

Thank you for your message. Direct Contracts makes it easy to get paid by your clients who don’t have a full account on Upwork and just need access to review your invoices and make payments. With Direct Contracts you also get the protection of escrow and if a dispute arises we will be happy to help. Check out this help page for more information.

Thank you,
Pradeep
Upwork

Hello 👋.

I am interested to get a personal invitation link to bring my non Upwork client.

Already sent an email 

Please check :white_heavy_check_mark:

Thanks

Mominul Islam

Top Rated Freelancer at Upwork 

51fda830
Community Member

There is a client outside  upwork who is ready to come on upwork and work with me on a job. It is a fixed price contract.
How can you help me.

@ Upwork Support

Regards
Assad

Hi Assad,

Congratulations for getting the client and bring him on upwork to inhance your profile.

You can simply invite your client by sending invitation link on their email address and seconding you may consider direct connect.

Have a wonderful journey.

Regards,

Mian Samran

Hi Assad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I encourage you to check this post for more information about the BYOC option. Additionally, you may want to check this help article and learn more about the Any Hire option. This may help you decide which option is better for you. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
51fda830
Community Member

Hi Nikola!
there is a mention of sending a link in every solution suggested. BYOC has been replaced by Any Hire. I do not want to mess up in a hurry and end up paying a service fee to Upwork.
1. What is the proper procedure to invite a client to Upwork? I mean so that Upwork should know that "this " is the client that I have brought in?

2. If I just ask him to register on Upwork and offer me a contract, I guess this not be the right procedure to make it count under Any Hire or so-called BYOC.
Regards

Hello Nikola, 

If I'm not Rising Talent or Top Rated, will I still be able to bring my own client to Upwork even with no 0% fees applied? 

And if it is possible how can I do that? 

Thanks!

Hi Esraa,

This is a program we’ve introduced to only a select few freelancers. While we currently do not have plans to roll the program out to additional freelancers yet, we are trying to find ways to do this in the future and will notify you if it is available.

At the moment, if you have a client that you met outside Upwork but you want to manage the contract using this platform, you can initiate a Direct Contract instead.

~ AJ
Upwork
carbonexit
Community Member

Dear all, 

Now that the Direct Contract option is available, is the BYOC feature (and the personal customer invitation link associated with it) still active?

Thanks,

François

Hi Francois,

Yes, it is! Direct Contracts are meant to be used with clients that are not on Upwork and are not interested in creating an account. 

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths